Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

hi everybody!

I have some questions concerning embedding video:

1) I tried to change the html code from the video module in the megamenu. I wanted to embed a vimeo video, but it didn’t work. Since I saved it, I don’t have the original code. Could anybody please post the original code and advise me, what to take care of when trying to embed a different vimeo or youtube video?

2) Above mentioned video only worked with firefox but not with IE. does anybody else have that problem, or is that just my configuration?

3) I also want to embed a video in the black accordeon module in the tab “theme features”. I treid to put either vimeo and youtube embed code in it, but it didn’t work.

with joomla 1.5, I simply put the embed code into the editor, but with 2.5 it seems to have changed.

Thank you very much for your help!!!
    simpsonix

HeR0 Friend

<em>@simpsonix 319822 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi everybody!

I have some questions concerning embedding video:

1) I tried to change the html code from the video module in the megamenu. I wanted to embed a vimeo video, but it didn’t work. Since I saved it, I don’t have the original code. Could anybody please post the original code and advise me, what to take care of when trying to embed a different vimeo or youtube video?

2) Above mentioned video only worked with firefox but not with IE. does anybody else have that problem, or is that just my configuration?

3) I also want to embed a video in the black accordeon module in the tab “theme features”. I treid to put either vimeo and youtube embed code in it, but it didn’t work.

with joomla 1.5, I simply put the embed code into the editor, but with 2.5 it seems to have changed.

Thank you very much for your help!!!
    simpsonix</blockquote>

Hi Simpsonix
    MCE editor does support media, please enable Media button in tinyMCE editor plugin and set Functionality to extended
    Hope this helps.

Regards,

simpsonix Friend

thank you for your help! I managed to get a video back into the megamenu (which still only shows in firefox and not in IE).
    but I still can’t get a video into “theme features”. as I found out this is a ja sidenews module in the accordeon position. when I paste the embed code into the respective article, the window just remains empty (apart from the background color window).
    thank you for your help!
    simpsonix

HeR0 Friend

<em>@simpsonix 320014 wrote:</em><blockquote>thank you for your help! I managed to get a video back into the megamenu (which still only shows in firefox and not in IE).
    but I still can’t get a video into “theme features”. as I found out this is a ja sidenews module in the accordeon position. when I paste the embed code into the respective article, the window just remains empty (apart from the background color window).
    thank you for your help!
    simpsonix</blockquote>
    Hi Simpsonix
    – On IE, it may miss some CSS for embed video, can you provide your site link? I shall have a look and help you fix it
    – In JA SLIDE NEWS, it can not display any HTML tag in a description, because before display, the module clears HTML strip tag in a description and split it 🙂

Regards,

simpsonix Friend

hello!

my site ist http://www.capoeirasocialmovie.com

thank you very much for having a look at it!

so that means, there is no way of putting a video into ja side news?

cheers
    simpsonix

HeR0 Friend

Hi Simpsonix
    so that means, there is no way of putting a video into ja side news?
    => Yes, module does not support video.

If you still want to add video into JA SIDE NEWS, you will need to hack code of this module. I am sorry we wont be able to customize it for you.

Regards

simpsonix Friend

thanks HeRO!
    I am still wondering why I cannot see the video in megamenu in IE.
    Any clues?
    thanks
    simpsonix

jhicks Friend

It might be the format of the video. I could not get a .m4v video to play in ie. I converted it to an .mp4 and it worked.

Jeff

simpsonix Friend

this is actually just an embeded video from vimeo. i don’t know what format they use, but i cannot convert it. i hope there is a way to make a simple vimeo video visible in IE.
    thanks
    simpsonix

HeR0 Friend

Hi Simpsonix
    I checked your site on IE and can watch video in megamenu. I used IE 9 🙂

simpsonix Friend

that’s strange. I am using IE9 as well…
    maybe there’s a problem with my firewall or security settings, tuneup etc…
    thanks
    simpsonix

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  simpsonix 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum