Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I want to remove your logo from Elastica Template too..
    Your Members wants to remove this 🙂
    Because this is not lik ea professional..
    Thanks

Phill Moderator

<em>@hadiyaz 298179 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    I want to remove your logo from Elastica Template too..
    Your Members wants to remove this 🙂
    Because this is not lik ea professional..
    Thanks</blockquote>

Not sure what you mean? You are free to customize the template as you wish. Instructions regarding how to remove the logo or change it to what you want are given above.

If you show us your site and the logo you want to place then we can advise exactly how to do so.

bionicnellywiz Friend

Phil,

Did you manage to check with JA Central about the copyright removal for the JA Elastica free template?

It would be great if you could confirm either way as it would be peace of mind.

Much appreciated.

Phill Moderator

Under the GPL licence you can remove the copyright from the footer but you must keep the notices in the code.

Be sure to shocase your site here when it is finished.

agsmith Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 301698 wrote:</em><blockquote>Under the GPL licence you can remove the copyright from the footer but you must keep the notices in the code.

Be sure to shocase your site here when it is finished.</blockquote>

Would you please care to elaborate some on this copyright / footer information. Your answer is still very vague.

What I do know from reading through the legal information found on your website is that there are two ways to legally remove all copyright information from your templates. They are as follows:
    1) Purchasing the $499 developers membership.
    2) Purchase the copyright removal instructions pdf for $40.

However, you state that since the Elastica template is free it happens to also fall under the GPL license so we CAN remove the copyright from the footer. But in the same sentence you say that we must keep the “NOTICES” in the code.?
    My Question is two parts, first is WHAT NOTICES are you talking about and be specific please?
    The second part is can we remove all this stuff if we purchase the copyright removal?

Thank you and I eagerly await your response.

Phill Moderator

Copyright removal or dev membership simply entitles you to remoce the “Designed by Joomlart” wording displayed at the bottom of “Template club” templates.

“Notices in the code” are various pieces of code in all the hundreds of JA files. These cannot be seen on the finished pages by the customer but are there under the GPL licence as with almost any other script you will find on the web free or otherwise. They are required to be left in place. They will in no way effect the finished website and not be visible to the websites users in any way.

agsmith Friend

Thank you for being specific. That completely clears it up.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  agsmith 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum