Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

The Norite template for J!2.5 now has a new module position “Left Middle.Right2” which I have been trying to locate the css file location so that I can edit its width. Template.css doesn’t seem to have this although the position is appearing when I view the module positions using /?tp=1. My problem is that this position is too narrow for my purposes at only 190px wide and I need to make it wider. I need someone to point out where I can edit this width and appreciate any assistance anyone could offer on this.

TomC Moderator

So that I may best try to assist you and provide you with concise guidance as to what you need to do within your template/site structure, please provide the url of the site you’re working on, as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings

wineblue2 Friend

The /?tp=1 link I put in my original post is to the site I am working on and CSS Optimization is turned off. I used the module position url extension so that anyone looking at it would see the Left Middle.Right2 position being displayed.

TomC Moderator

Okay, try this . . . .

Within file path –> /templates/ja_norite/css/layout.css

at line 30, you will see the following . . .

<blockquote>.column div.ja-moduletable, .column div.moduletable, .column div.ja-module, .column div.module {
    margin-left: 10px;
    margin-right: 10px;
    }
    </blockquote>

add a “width” property – for example as follows:

<blockquote>.column div.ja-moduletable, .column div.moduletable, .column div.ja-module, .column div.module {
    margin-left: 10px;
    margin-right: 10px;
    width: 300px;
    }
    </blockquote>

Of course, you can adjust the width pixel value as needed.

Hope That Helps

wineblue2 Friend

That change has no effect on the width being displayed. I am using Firefox 11 with the Firebug addon and when I inspect the element in the module position view it is showing:

<div class=”jainfo-module-overlay-border” style=”width: 190px; height: 539px;”></div>

in the HTML view

TomC Moderator

When I applied the suggested width property (as I suggested above) in Firebug, it DID increase the module table width – though the content didn’t “expand.” This could be, perhaps, of the layout parameters for the content itself.

Might I ask how you are wanting the content within that module to display?
    (perhaps you can throw together a quick mock-up screenshot)

wineblue2 Friend

All I did was change the location of the JA QuickContact mod from User 10 to the Norite Left Middle.Right2 module position. When it was in the User 10 position it displayed at its normal width as it is in the Norite demo,but once I moved it to the Left mod position it became what you are now seeing. I would have thought that if adding the width to the layout.css was the only problem the module should have then expanded back to its original width without any further edit changes being necessary?

TomC Moderator

Did you create a new CSS rule for your new div “ja-right2” ??

wineblue2 Friend

Perhaps I am confused, but as I mentioned in my initial post on this thread this module position was not created by me. It was already displaying when I used the /?tp=1 extension to the url to view the existing module positions and if it did not exist then why would it display when viewing the module positions? If this was a position that already existed in the template I would also assume that the css rules for it were also pre-existing. So to answer your question, no I created no new css rule for this.

In template.css the Main Layout Divs are not calling out a “Left Middle.Right2” position yet when I select the left position for this module it appears in the Left Middle.Right2 position. Also when I change the position back to user10 the module goes back to its full width as displayed in the Norite Demo so maybe you can now understand my confusion here?

wineblue2 Friend

So is this a problem with the template or do I need to edit something else?:confused:

wineblue2 Friend

I’ve spent the past 3 days going through this template.css file trying to locate ANY styling for what obviously already exists in this template and there is nothing that specifies the existing styling of this Left Middle.Right2 module position! No height, No width no nothing! In fact the only reference to this position I could find is

/* Right Columns —*/
    #ja-right .ja-r2 { }

within the template.css file. What aggravates me more than anything is that I PAID for premium support on your templates and I asked what to me seems to be a very valid question and I’ve been left hanging without any clear cut answers!!! Something has to be defining the existing style for this module but only the html has any actual dimensions being called out in firebug that I can find which of course do not allow me to widen the existing styling. How about a little Customer Service here!>:(

TomC Moderator

As part of my Post #4 above, I spent time working through various modifications of the relative CSS files until I arrived at the suggestion I made – which DID work to increase the width of that module position when I tested it … three times … in FireFox.

You mention that you identified the following CSS rule . . .

<blockquote>

/* Right Columns —*/
    #ja-right .ja-r2 { }

</blockquote>

Did you try adding a width parameter to this rule to see if it would effectuate any change in the particular module position?

wineblue2What aggravates me more than anything is that I PAID for premium support on your templates and I asked what to me seems to be a very valid question and I’ve been left hanging without any clear cut answers!!!

With all due respect … once again … the recommendation I made in Post #4 above DID effectuate the increase in the width of the module position – as, again, I tested it no less than three times – each time resulting in the increased width.

Nevertheless, as you continue to experience an issue with effectuating a similar change – I am escalating your issue as a Support Ticket for further review and response.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum