Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

can somebody tell me where I find the main CSS file? I opened the template.css from mytemplatename/CSS but it only has 410 lines! Surely there must be another file for the rest of the CSS rules especially as firebug says the Rules for the wrapper are on line 950 in template.css?

Thanks

excalibur75 Friend

I have just tried adding a custom.css to try and modify some of the basic elements i.e. adding a background to the body, changing the colour of the wrapper etc but it doesn’t seem to be working. Have I got the @import correctly written down @import url(“…/css/custom.css”);
    I have put this in the at the top of the template.css.

I assume the reason it is not working is that there is a another instance of the body and wrapper in the template.css overriding my custom styles. Any suggestions how I can make modifications to the CSS.as so far I had drawn a blank.

Any advise would be gratefully appreciated

TomC Moderator

It would help if you could be a bit more specific as to your issue . . .

– Which template are you using?
    – What element(s), exactly, are you wanting to modify?
    – What is the url of your site?

excalibur75 Friend

okay I’m using the blank template on Joomla!2.5. I’m using it on a local host. I’m wanting to make general changes to the layout and background colours.

TomC Moderator

<em>@excalibur75 347113 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I assume the reason it is not working is that there is a another instance of the body and wrapper in the template.css overriding my custom styles.</blockquote>
    If this were the case, would you not see the CSS properties within the relative CSS file?
    I’m assuming, at this point in your development, there is only one css file within your file structure, yes?

tfosnom Friend

Ex 75
    When viewing results of firebug it gives you the file name to the right of the code it displays. By hovering cursor over that css file name path it reveals the FULL path name etc so you can isolate which is the actual file your looking at
    Have a look again using that technique and it should give you the exact file/path to that css file.

Blessings Shannon

excalibur75 Friend

I think we now have it thanks to Shannon! It was buried within the following structure pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultcss.

I have never used firebug before so everything is new to me. I usually use a WYSIWYG CSS editor called stylizer but it wouldn’t work with this template as it can’t read the CSS files buried so deep. Fortunately I have a copy of Dreamweaver so I can edit the CSS without too much trouble.

Thanks for all your help

TomC Moderator

<em>@excalibur75 347192 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I have never used firebug before so everything is new to me. I usually use a WYSIWYG CSS editor called stylizer but it wouldn’t work with this template as it can’t read the CSS files buried so deep. Fortunately I have a copy of Dreamweaver so I can edit the CSS without too much trouble. </blockquote>

USING">

😎

tfosnom Friend

I use a very good editor called topstyle 4 specifically for css google topstyle 4 for free dl
    Shannon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum