Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am having problems trying to remove some of the background images. I like the JA Zibal template but not the bands of grey that are in the page background. I cannot seem to find a way to remove them using the html or the css edit. When I try to remove them in the templates folder I am unable to edit or change any permissions.

I think banded page backgrounds should be editable. I need a very simple clean template to use with my site and the background is visually distracting and not needed. Everybody has different ideas of course, and I’m sure many users like it. However, this does not suit my company’s requirements. JA Zibal is a simple, clean and default blue template and that is what I need. I cannot use it with the background and that is a pity. I have posted on the templates forum but have not received a reply. I just need a plain grey background with the dropped shadow… nothing more.

Thanks Mark

Hung Dinh Friend

Mark,
    You can edit the css file in the package. Look for the following codes:

body#bd {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    background: #E3E3E3;
    text-align: center;
    }

mark pemberton Friend

Thanks but I am looking to remove the wrapper images. Those grey horizontal bands that are behind the usable template and have a unified colour. i.e. header-wrap1.gif etc…

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Mark,
    I think that the best way you can change the color and style of the template is changing the background images of elements that you want, you can also search for the corresponding class name of that element in css file and edit the color setting.
    remove the wrapper images by changing them into plain image as the same background color can be a good idea.

mark pemberton Friend

Well that would probably be the best way. Using an image editor and changing all the background elements to the same colour. A bit difficult to match it up because it looks like some of the shading is in some of the gifs. I have removed parts of the CSS and needed to darken the background because unfortunately I lost the dropped shadow, but I can live with it. I have attached the code: Is there anything wrong that I should know about? Thanks. Mark

1. Zibal-edit.doc_.zip
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mark pemberton 17 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum