Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

How do I edit the menu description (subtext) to be displayed under each main menu item on the top nav bar?

Currently the menu desciption shown on the main nav bar is identical to the menu item itself (i.e. it adds nothing by way of description).

Editing the CSS is no problems. Its the actual menu description (the words themselves) which I need to change / add.

Hope someone can help.

Kind regards

Mark

rhand Friend

You can edit menu button titles in Joomla! administration under the menu tab. Just choose the menu you need editing and edit the tabs and press save.

vwrmic Friend

This doesn’t work if you wish to use one of those buttons as a link to someone other than your Joomla page. I have been trying to find out how to change that, but no one seems to know.

rhand Friend

Make it an external link and then link to an article page.

markwynter Friend

Found the answer to my original question.

Edit Menu Item, then under the Parameters Tab, I change the Page Title.

The page title then displays as subtext (the menu item description) underneath the Menu title in the mainnav bar.:)

rhand Friend

Ok! Glad you worked it out. So you can add a different page title like that. Well, learned something again 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rhand 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum