Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I am developing on my local machine and need some help.

Please can anyone show me which php and non php files to edit in order to customize only the teline iv frontpage? I want to run some if statements to display certain content only if Joomla has that page set as the front page. I need to run if statements because #ja-contentwrap css property if interfering with my frontpage, therefore I want that property active, anywhere else apart from the frontpage.

Anyone?

Cheers Guys.

himangi Friend

Hi,

If you want to change layout and styling for frontpage only, easier option is to create a new profile for frontpage and use the current profile for other pages.

For more details on how to create profiles and layouts etc please check http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Introduction & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2-a0lLKQ0

carbonite Friend

Thanks for the reply. Well that process was not working for my cause. I have fixed it though and this how I did, just for the benefit of other members.

First of all guys, although you have the option to hide main content block, that DOES NOT hide it actually because the reference css id #ja-contentwrap is hard-coded and is active on all pages. Because of my customizations- making the template white, the css border property is showing in the frontpage/featured(J1.6) although the contents are hidden. To fix this, I traced the index.php (or default.php) reference to /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/page/default.php and made #ja-contentwrap dynamic that is, to only get active on all pages apart from the frontpage (J1.5) / featured (J1.6).

This is the code I used: Using J1.6, For J1.5 replace ‘featured’ with ‘frontpage’
    [PHP]

<?php if (JRequest::getVar(‘view’)==’featured’) : ?>

//YOUR HTML HERE. EXAMPLE: REPLACE <div id=”ja-contentwrap” class=”clearfix……..(AND CLOSE THE DIV) </div>

<?php else : ?>

// THIS IS THE ORIGINAL REFERENCE. PLEASE KEEP <div id=”ja-contentwrap” class=”clearfix……..(AND CLOSE THE DIV) </div>

<?php endif ; ?>
    [/PHP]

Thats it, guys

Cheers!

desiretart Friend

Hi Carbonite. I tried doing what you say but I can not find the key. I intend only to hide the contents of the frontpage. And as you say, “Hide Main content block”, this hides all the content in all website. (In my opinion, I do not know that serves this.) I am using J.1.5. Teline IV. Can you tell me how I can do? Thanks

Phill Moderator

Using the “hide main content block” in the profiles tab does not mean you have to have it that way for the whole site. Profiles can be used on all pages or particular pages only. So if you wanted to hide the main content on just the frontpage you simply make a cloned copy of your profiles and select the “hide main content block” option. Then in the global tab in the “Page Assignments” section you can select what pages that profile shoue appear. You have 2 columns, the one on the left sets the page or pages and the one on the right sets your chosen profile.

This is one of the big plus points of the JAT3 system. You can have all sorts of different layouts and configurations by using this feature.

desiretart Friend

Clear, Concise and Concrete. Thanks a lot, Phill.

desiretart Friend

Thank you, very much, Carbonite.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  desiretart 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum