Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    I installed the add-on of the template for Easyblog but I can’t find the place to change the green standard color scheme to orange color.

Anyone knows how to do?
    Thanks in advance!

Emilio.

TomC Moderator

Got a weird error message when I tried to bring up your site . . . do you have any kind of special settings?

Unless there are any pre-designed color themes for Easy Blog (for this template), then youa re going to need to modify the colors within the relative CSS. If you’re not familiar with how to easily identify the correct CSS to work with, you might be interested in the following . . .

emilion Friend

Hi TomC,
    No… nothing special. I tried to logout and login again and works Ok to me…

TomC Moderator

<em>@emilion 424706 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi TomC,
    No… nothing special. I tried to logout and login again and works Ok to me…</blockquote>

Your site is identifying my IP address as a “spammer.” This has never happened before – which is why I asked what, if anything, you have triggered on your site or server which might be causing this.

emilion Friend

Hi Tom,
    Is something strange. I don’t have anything installed to prevent access… In other situations other people accessed without problem. The only thing that I installed recently is the template, the T3 framework and Akeeba Backup software…

No Idea what could be happen… I logout now. Maybe you could try again.
    Thanks!

TomC Moderator

Okay, got it to work . . . .

Most of the CSS you will need to work with will be located within the following file path —>
    /components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_sugite/css/styles.css

For example, if you want to modify the green border around the post date of blog entries, look to file path –> /components/com_easyblog/themes/ja_sugite/css/styles.css
    at line 921, where you should see the following:

#ezblog-body .blog-content .blog-date {
    border: 3px solid #1BBC9B
    display: block;
    font-size: 19px;
    margin-bottom: 14px;
    text-align: center;
    }

You can see the color code designation for the border – which you can modify to whichever color code you wish.

For the color of the author name, look to line 909 (same “style.css” file)

#ezblog-body .blog-meta > .in .blog-author a {
    color: #1BBC9B
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: 400;
    }

Same deal … modify the color code to whatever color code you wish.

As I said, most of the relative CSS that you will need to change will be found within that file.

I am not 100% certain if putting the modified CSS rules within your /templates/ja_sugite/css/custom.css file will work with this third party component . . . though I suppose you could test it out to see if it works. That would certainly make things easier to maintain – especially if you ever want to update/upgrade the template and don’t want to lose all of your custom modifications.

Either way, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you ALWAYS keep a current back up of your entire site (and databases) before performing ANY update/upgrade operation.

Hope That Helps

🙂

emilion Friend

Really useful!
    Thank you very much.

I have another similar question related with the Blue color of the footer (I will need to change too to fit with my company color scheme and looks I will need to change something in another CSS file) but I will open other Thread to help others users to find.

Thanks again Tom!!

TomC Moderator

For your footer background color, this is where your custom/css file will come in handy . . . .

Within your custom.css file (within file path /templates/ja_sugite/css/custom.css),
    copy/paste the following CSS rule:

.t3-footer {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #2D3E50
    }

Of course, you will want to change the color code for the background color to whatever color code you wish.

NOTE:
    If you do not already have a “custom.css” file within the above noted file path, simply create one.

Hope That Helps

😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum