Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The August template, JA Fixel, looks superb, now it would be absolutely perfect if items with EasyBlog categories/tags were available as well as the items with joomla categories/tags in the home page/other pages collection (in other words not just on the Easyblog page/section)……..:)

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi dealthenuts,

Thank for your suggestion.

Though Easy Blog has it own style, we try to keep it, we do not want to destroy the layout.

And Joomla Blog supports two type of Layout now: Category Blog and Fixel Category Blog, you can consider using it.

We will try our best to see if we can overwrite Easy Blog layout or not.

Regards

Richard A Friend

Sorry for any confusion, I just mean, because you are using Easyblog in the template, the logical inclusion of Easyblog categories/tags as a filter option to choose in Joomlart modules as well as Joomla categories/tags.

It may be you already have that option and I know the possibility of inclusion was being looked at for the August template, perhaps the docs will confirm the choice is there?

I only use Easyblog for articles and without the choice this would restrict my use of the JA Fixel template.

aleksi2004 Friend

I’ll wait for the possibility of using Easyblog instead of Joomla

Richard A Friend

I tested JA Fixel on local WAMP as well as our live upgrading JA Mitius website today and the preference is to switch as it is an excellent template, especially for ipad/mobile devices, simple, flexible, responsive and visually appealing with easy access to content.

It works well with EasyBlog/EasyDiscuss/Komento and I am sure it will be a perfect fit for EasySocial.

The main problem is any content using EasyBlog is isolated from the main selection features on the site, especially the home page, because only Joomla articles are supported (for example the new parameters of Content Type, Content Animation and Grid Type are only available in Joomla articles).

I know integration of content options for modules/templates is somewhere on the agenda for Joomlart and EasyBlog and each company must have primary focus on their own products, but without the ability to access Easyblog content in Joomlart modules or the main template design coding it places a huge restriction in anyone wishing to use EasyBlog instead of Joomla.

Joomlart have made it clear they intend to use EasyBlog in future templates, is there a timescale for EasyBlog content to be available through Joomlart modules/templates (apart from the EasyBlog menu area in the template or EasyBlog modules)? Drarvindc mentioned in another thread (JA Beranis) it may be possible to include selection parameters for Easyblog in some modules of the August template (Fixel), is it too soon?

I am asking Stackideas the same question via their forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard A 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum