Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’d like different module positions to be available for different sections for my site, for example the homepage uses position-1 with 1 column, and for a section called ‘Company’ I’d like position-1 to have 3 columns.

I thought the best way to do this would be to duplicate the template, change the module positions and assign this new template to ‘Company’.

The problem is when I duplicate my template and make the module position changes, those changes affect my original template too.

Is this a bug in the template or am I doing something wrong?

phong nam Friend

Hi spheredesign,

You just need to follow these steps:

– Clone layout default-content-left.php to a new layout file (i.e default-content-left-copy.php) in templatesja_argotpls.

– Then duplicate or use the existing template style, select new layout in Layout settings. Then open Layout options, select 3 positions (each position is a columns). Since in old layout, there is only one position-1 in spotlight block, that is why position-1’s width will automatically spread to span12.

– Assign this template style to the menu item (i.e Company). Then use can create module on new positions on assigned menu item.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum