Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have issue on the following page: http://erickson1.imc-website-test.info/book

Content/module is duplicated/repeated there. I just have in that article following info:

<div class=”col-md-8″>1</div>
    <div class=”col-md-4″>{loadposition user1}</div>

I tired couple of solution which is recommended in this form for example this one:

.article-full.has-article-tools blockquote.article-intro {
    display: none;
    }

added above code in custom css but this code blocked all my content/articles on the website. Thus, this is not solution.

Can you please let me know how this can be solved on the nice way?

In addition, I have latest version of template, tried to update all component and it is a still the same issue. Content and module are repairing there for some reason!?

Hope you have solution for this?

P.S. I tried to load another template – basic template from joomla and this issue is not happening there, thus I a sum this template issue!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

May I know which content is duplicated and how you want it should be?

Some illustrating screenshots will be better here.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

May I know which content is duplicated and how you want it should be?

Some illustrating screenshots will be better here.

innovationmindcenter Friend

Hi,

Please see this screen shots below and this also happen when you try to add regular email address in the content. If you add email address content will duplicate again. So the same case is with {loadmodule position}

If you need more information just let me know I have sent username and Password of my website:

Regards,
    Branko

Hi,

Please see this screen shots below and this also happen when you try to add regular email address in the content. If you add email address content will duplicate again. So the same case is with {loadmodule position}

If you need more information just let me know I have sent username and Password of my website:

Regards,
    Branko

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Branko,

In Joomla article content, it distinguishes 2 content part of an article: intro text and full text by readmore button. That article on your site doesn’t have intro text so it displays content in full text and show twice.

I just add readmore button at the beginning of article and it displays fine now.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Branko,

In Joomla article content, it distinguishes 2 content part of an article: intro text and full text by readmore button. That article on your site doesn’t have intro text so it displays content in full text and show twice.

I just add readmore button at the beginning of article and it displays fine now.

Hi, this is a good workaround solution but I’ll have an issue with that since my client needs to manage pages on their own. And they are not skillful and it will be hard for me to explain the reason why they need to add read more above every text when they start writing. I think that this might be bad user experience since it is their first time switching from WP to Joomla. It will be good if you can fix this issue in core code or just to let me know how I can do it on my own.
    Thank you.
    <em>@Saguaros 498605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Branko,

I just add readmore button at the beginning of article and it displays fine now.</blockquote>

Hi, this is a good workaround solution but I’ll have an issue with that since my client needs to manage pages on their own. And they are not skillful and it will be hard for me to explain the reason why they need to add read more above every text when they start writing. I think that this might be bad user experience since it is their first time switching from WP to Joomla. It will be good if you can fix this issue in core code or just to let me know how I can do it on my own.
    Thank you.
    <em>@Saguaros 498605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Branko,

I just add readmore button at the beginning of article and it displays fine now.</blockquote>

Saguaros Moderator

I got your point but in Joomla 3.x, extensions or category page … which show content will take intro text in the list (as you can see in category blog page of this demo site) so you can explain to user.

In case you don’t want to use intro text, you can remove its code via file: /root/ja_charity/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/default.php

Look for this snippet of code:

<?php if ($params->get('show_intro', 0)) : ?>
    <blockquote class="article-intro" itemprop="description">
    <?php echo $item->introtext; ?>
    </blockquote>
    <?php endif; ?>

Then you don’t need to add read more text, it will show full text content of article.

Saguaros Moderator

I got your point but in Joomla 3.x, extensions or category page … which show content will take intro text in the list (as you can see in category blog page of this demo site) so you can explain to user.

In case you don’t want to use intro text, you can remove its code via file: /root/ja_charity/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/default.php

Look for this snippet of code:

<?php if ($params->get('show_intro', 0)) : ?>
    <blockquote class="article-intro" itemprop="description">
    <?php echo $item->introtext; ?>
    </blockquote>
    <?php endif; ?>

Then you don’t need to add read more text, it will show full text content of article.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum