Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to duplicate the “Get Connected” JS section on my home page.

How can I create another instance of this to use on a separate page? Can it be created as a module?

If it’s possible please explain very clearly how to make it done.

this is what I want to duplicate

Thanks

1. Get_Connected
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

If i am correct, that the the JomSocial component frontend, styled with JA Social’s jomsocial theme. You can see the normal jomsocial frontend here >> http://www.jomsocial.com/community.html

So, i don’t think it can be a module. May be you can search in the extension directory >> http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/jomsocial-extensions for module which can give you standalone login option for JomSocial.

Or you can set JomSocial component as your default home item. That can be set from your menu manager >> main menu >> Set JomSocial link as Default.

Arvind

swedeboy Friend

Thanks for your reply Arvind

I have just found out that it can be done with Joomla PHP Module, but I’m not sure which codes that need to be copied to this module.

VisiGod Friend

You can just copy the html code and paste it in the module.
    However, it may require to make some additional changes to load the necessary CSS files.

swedeboy Friend

<em>@VisiGod 194258 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can just copy the html code and paste it in the module.
    However, it may require to make some additional changes to load the necessary CSS files.</blockquote>

I have tried that, but I’m not sure which changes I need to do to load the necessary CSS files.

VisiGod Friend

Hmz, try adding the JomSocial file to ja_social/core/themes/COLORYOUUSE/info.xml

swedeboy Friend

<em>@VisiGod 194284 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hmz, try adding the JomSocial file to ja_social/core/themes/COLORYOUUSE/info.xml</blockquote>

I don’t understand. Should I add the code from frontpage.guests.php to this file?

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@swedeboy 194290 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t understand. Should I add the code from frontpage.guests.php to this file?</blockquote>

Yes, that’s right, now, you get this module; http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/custom-code-in-modules/1758?qh=YTo3OntpOjA7czozOiJwaHAiO2k6MTtzOjQ6ImNvZGUiO2k6MjtzOjY6ImNvZGluZyI7aTozO3M6NToiY29kZXMiO2k6NDtzOjU6ImNvZGVkIjtpOjU7czo3OiJjb2RlaW5nIjtpOjY7czo4OiJwaHAgY29kZSI7fQ%3D%3D and then, you put all code into this module and public it on expected position

swedeboy Friend

<em>@tienhc 194434 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, that’s right, now, you get this module; http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/custom-code-in-modules/1758?qh=YTo3OntpOjA7czozOiJwaHAiO2k6MTtzOjQ6ImNvZGUiO2k6MjtzOjY6ImNvZGluZyI7aTozO3M6NToiY29kZXMiO2k6NDtzOjU6ImNvZGVkIjtpOjU7czo3OiJjb2RlaW5nIjtpOjY7czo4OiJwaHAgY29kZSI7fQ%3D%3D and then, you put all code into this module and public it on expected position</blockquote>

I have add the code as you can see here http://www.queermagazineonline.com/index.php?lang=en.

But what changes do I need to do to load the necessary CSS files(to get the blue background and the pictures there as well)

I’m so grateful for all your help. .

swedeboy Friend

I’m almost there 🙂

I’m willing to pay if someone can help me with the last step.
    Add the necessary CSS files to load the images.

When everything is working I will create a How to guide.

swedeboy Friend

I got this reply from JomSocial forum

You actually need to add JomSocial’s css on the template itself or within the module. Try attaching the following codes in your templates index.php file,

<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php echo JURI::root(); ?>/components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css” type=”text/css” />

I have tried adding this code, but it breaks the template.

Where in the index.php should I add this without breaking the template?

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@swedeboy 194571 wrote:</em><blockquote>I got this reply from JomSocial forum

You actually need to add JomSocial’s css on the template itself or within the module. Try attaching the following codes in your templates index.php file,

<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php echo JURI::root(); ?>/components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css” type=”text/css” />

I have tried adding this code, but it breaks the template.

Where in the index.php should I add this without breaking the template?</blockquote>

You copy this file: pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultblockshead.php to the “templates/ja_social/blocks” folder and then you open this copied file and add that code into this

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum