Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

When viewing the demo for the Edenite template I like the people photos down the right column and the logos of Dell etc on the left column.
    demo view

How are these two things achieved? What modules are used to create them? I have a site that these could fit nicely into so if anyone knows please post.
    Thanks,
    c
    I would like to know how to use these features in any template not just edenite.

Phill Moderator

It is quite easy to do but not so easy to explain.

Your best option is to install the quickstart for Edenite on your desktop and look at the modules for yourself.

It is quite easy to install on your desktop, just install WAMP http://www.wampserver.com/en/ and install the quickstart to that.

You can then examine how the demo was created.

cndglobal Friend

Phill
    Thanks for the response I’ll give it a go…………..
    Those demos always look great but recreating some of the features is not always easy.
    Best regards,
    c

cndglobal Friend

I just visited the link you recommended http://www.wampserver.com/en/

I’m not 100% sure what quickstart is………..
    I will do this if that is the only way to see the way the demo modules are being used.

Before I do that is there an easier way to see the demo content in action? I’m a web hosting provider and one of my cPanel servers has Fantastico DeLuxe auto-installer. I can install joomla 1.5 in just a few clicks but how can I view the demo content?

I have already downloaded the Edenite template but the sample data did not look like the demo at JA.

Thanks,
    c

Phill Moderator

Aaaarrgghhhhhh, fantastico:eek:

Nah, wampserver is much faster.

Install wamp on your desktop.

Download JA-Edenite.

Unzip the package. Inside you will see a zip called quickstart. Unzip the folder.

Now copy that folder to c:/wamp/www (assuming you accepted the defaults)

Once extracted start wamp. You will see a little icon appear in your toolbar, click on it then on the localhost option. You should now be effectively running a webserver on your desktopn and one of the sites you have created will be the joomla quickstart including all the demo content. Click on it (probably called edenite) and you will be presented with the standard joomla install screen. Got through the install (mysql username is root, no password and put whatever you want for the database name) but make sure you press the install sample data button and await until it says successful.

You will then have the demo site running on your desktop and can browse through the back end to see exactly how all the demo site works including all those modules you wish to create.

That sounds like a lot of effort but you should be up and running in just a couple of minutes and probably faster than it took me to type all that. Plus you have the added bonus that you can create as many test sites on your desktop as you wish.

cndglobal Friend

Phill
    The folks here at JA are great with helping each other!
    Worth the price of admission just to access the forums.

I’ll get to work on the install.

Thanks again for writing that thorough how-to
    c

cndglobal Friend

phill
    I am still finding my way around here and today realized that the proper thing to do is click the Thank you button and Best Answer button.

I went back to your great response and marked it Best Answer and Thanked you the JA way with the button.

I’m having fun with the Wamp Server …….thanks for the turn on…………
    c

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cndglobal 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum