Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’ve noted an oddity on several different web sites using the Regulus template, including mine, wherein the last 2 characters of certain main body screens are repeated on the following line when the corresponding display is called in Internet Explorer 6. The error does not occur in Firefox (haven’t checked IE7). I’ve also noted that the display appears normally when a non-Joomlart template is substituted for Regulus. An image of the problem is appended (note the duplicated characters on line below the main body message.

What could conceivably be causing this error. The consensus among Joomla.org members is that it’s a template problem, and my testing appears to confirm it.

Thank you.

1. Regulus-Screen
    Khanh Le Moderator

Hi mattstahl,
    Please give me your live site url.

mattstahl Friend

This isn’t my site, but take a look at lofxinformant.com (click “blah” button) for an example of the problem I’m referring to.

Khanh Le Moderator

Mattstahl, sorry that the url lofxinformant.com does not work.

mattstahl Friend

That should have been simply fxinformant.com (click “blah” button for view). I have noted that the problem appears most often on Joomla “prompt” or “error” type display pages.

gs9097 Friend

thx mattstahl, for noticing the problem

i just noticed it myself and the problem is also on the main page.

khanh, I would really appriciate if you take a look at fxinformant.com and give a suggestion on how to correct it.

mattstahl Friend

Thanks, GS. I have another post up adjacent to this one (.arrow.gif) that identifies another definitive flaw in the template. Could you glimpse that post as well.

gs9097 Friend

hey mattstahl, i found the problem

it’s IE bug(defenetly for 6, haven’t tried 7 yet)

IE has a 3px bumper on the right side of the last float, so wherever u have a problem, just add

margin-right: -3px;
    to the affected area (if it doesn’t work – also make width of the same table by 3px smaller)

(as for your other post, i haven’t encountered that problem yet, so it kinda hard to understand what you mean – it doesn’t look like your site has any problems in IE – just in FF – roller is centered for some reason and moves TOP module over and under it)

mattstahl Friend

Thanks GS9097. I’m starting to really hate IE, but your tip should help me identify and fix the overflow problem areas. As far as the arrow.gif display issue you haven’t seen is concerned:

1. I’ve reset the latest news module to display 3 items instead of 1 so that you can see the problem. As I stated previously, the problem only surfaces with list items. When I reduced the number of latest news items displayed to 1, the problem went away — because with only 1 item displayed, there was no longer a list in the top position. Make sense? If you go back to lisms.org now and view it in IE6, you’ll see the open arrow.gifs attempt to load below the roller. That’s the issue I’m referring to.

2. The roller centering issue in FF was attributable to the fact that my temporarily overloaded menu spilled over to a second line. That pushed the items which followed it in the template (user 5-9 and top positions) out of alignment. Don’t know if you want to consider this a template flaw that needs to be addressed, but a two line menu display is what prompts that problem. Scaling the menu back so it only occupies 1 line pulls things back into alignment.

My previous post should now make more sense. You might be interested in knowing that ALL issues regarding the Regulus template that have posted in your forum have also shown up in other Joomlart templates. If you need more info or me to do anything for you, just ask.

In terms of innovativeness and design, I must say that you guys are very creative. Keep it up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mattstahl 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum