Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi All

This sounds like a dumb question, but if someone signs up to the JATC where they have 3 domains, what stops them from just installing the template on more than 3 websites??

Regards

cusack01 Friend

So is it ok for JATC members to install these templates for over 50 different websites?? is this ok??

bennitos Friend

<em>@cusack01 135094 wrote:</em><blockquote>So is it ok for JATC members to install these templates for over 50 different websites?? is this ok??</blockquote>

No its not ok, as you said yourself if you have 3 licences then you can install on 3 domains not more.

You will be able to install it on more domains but that would be illegal and against your licence terms.

mj1256 Friend

As far as i know, each download has a tracking code in the form of a registration number added to your copy of the template, so with that JA can check to see if you have a legit usage of the templates.

of course with a developers license, it does not matter as it is unlimited

alexnjohnson Friend

I believe it is illegal to do so.

And if mj1256 is right, then the tracking codes will eventually catch you using it illegally.

You can’t fool these guys, they are probably light years ahead of us all in terms of technology-wise.

scotty Friend

Yes and we can spot spam at 1000 paces!

ajparker Friend

Not only is it illegal as said above, I know some companies that file complaints to the webhost when they find someone installing copies of their software on multiple web servers. It pays to keep your life simpler and license what you need to.

hanifahmed Friend

JA have already shut down websites that are using their templates illegally: the most high profile of which was recently was JoomlaDump.

So just don’t do it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  hanifahmed 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum