Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

The dropdown trigger is no longer working on hover on any of my sites using the brisk template. This is also happening on any site with the ja mitius template we have. I have not changed anything on the sites that would cause this. They are all running joomla 3.3.1 version v3.2.0 of the system plugin.

I feel like one of the upgrades to the system plugin or joomla itself may have caused this because nothing else has changed on the site and this is happening on every mitius and brisk template i have how do i fix this?

This is urgent because this is happening on like 10 of my sites I have that are live. This happens in every browser in both mac and windows 7 so it is not a browser or operating dependent problem.

I also discovered this is happening even on joomla 2.5.22 if the brisk or mitius template which makes me further think it is either a system plugin issue or something relating to the lastest joomla updates.

Thanks,

Josh

Adam M Moderator

Hi Josh,

Please go to Admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose your current template >>> switch to tab Navigation >>> choose hover in Dropdown Trigger option.

jschroeder Friend

This is already chosen you can look at the attachment and it still does not hover that is why I posted here in the forum. I checked on every site that it was not working on hover is already selected as the dropdown trigger yet it still only works on click. As I said nothing has changed this has to be a bug how do I fix this?

Out of the templates I am using this only appears to be a problem on the ja brisk template and Ja mitius template. It seems to be an issue on the older templates. For example I do not have this issue on the obelisk template.

Also, there are no javascript errors on any of the sites I have sent you either so it cannot be that either.

Thanks,

Josh

1. navigation
    jschroeder Friend

Hi I have determined the problem is definitely the plugin I reverted back to version 2.2.1 of the t3 system plugin and everything works fine there is a bug in version 2.3.0 of the system plugin that causes the dropdown to not hover even if the dropdown trigger is set to hover. This does not affect all of your templates but the ones I know it is affecting is the ja brisk and ja mitius templates there are probably others as well. I have left version 2.3.0 of the plugin installed on the site for you. How do i fix this?

Thanks,

Josh

aryentain99 Friend

I have this very same issue on JA Mitius after T3 Plugin update to 2.3.0, take a look: http://www.arquespalacio.com.ar/saracatu/ all the mouseover options are already set.

Adam M Moderator

I have checked this matter but see that main menu works fine with T3 System Plugin 2.3.0, please provide your site url with temporary backend account via private reply so that I can investigate the issue for you.

jschroeder Friend

I cannot provide you the url because this is happening on at least 10 different sites all with different extensions installed, both with the ja brisk template and ja mitius templates. It is not like this is an isolated incident on 1 site. As I mentioned in my previous post there are no javascript errors whatsoever on any my sites, I have checked in my developers tool kit.

I downgraded all of my sites from version 2.3.0 to version 2.2.1 of the system plugin the menu works again on all 10 sites.

The only logical explanation would be y’all have changed something in your system plugin that has messed up the on trigger menu hover in those templates. I have changed absolutely nothing in any of these templates other than updating the system plugin.

Also, just to make sure i disabled every plugin 1 by 1 just to be 100% sure none of extensions, components, plugins etc were interfering with anything and they were not. The second I downgraded to version 2.21 of the system plugin it automatically worked.

Also, I looked at the side by side comparison of version 2.2.1 to version 2.3.0 of the system plugin y’all have made major code changes to the system plugin and mega menu from what i can tell in the menu section and got rid of existing files. I can almost 100% guarantee this is where the issue is.

There is definitely something wrong with the new system plugin.

Josh

jschroeder Friend

Hi I have confirmed this is most definitely a bug with the version 2.3.0 of system plugin with both the ja mitius template as well as the ja brisk template. I went to your site and set up the site builder and installed version 2.3.0 of the system plugin on the ja miitius template and hover does not work on the menu either even if the dropdown trigger is set to hover on yall’s demo site so it has to be a bug. I sent you a pm with the login to the demo site.

Also, make sure version 2.3.0 of the system plugin is installed when you test. I know this is a temp site so i have no idea how long things will stay installed.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Please go to root_folder/templates/ja_brisk/tpls and you will see several php files for layout there. All you need is to open all those files, look for this line:

<html lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>">

and replace it with:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>" class="<jdoc:include type="pageclass" />">

Save your files and check again.

jschroeder Friend

Hi, this line of code that you suggested already exists in my blocks so there is nothing to change so it will not fix the issue.

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>">

Any other ideas?

jschroeder Friend

Hi, this line of code that you suggested already exists in my blocks so there is nothing to change so it will not fix the issue.

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>">

Any other ideas?

Adam M Moderator

Please provide me a temporary site’s backend and FTP account via private message, I need to take a closer look at your site to investigate the root of issue.

jschroeder Friend

<em>@Adam M 435048 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please provide me a temporary site’s backend and FTP account via private message, I need to take a closer look at your site to investigate the root of issue.</blockquote>

I will not be able to provide this to you right now because I am to busy at work to put one of the sites on a temporary url for you. Also, this is an issue on like 10 different sites both ja brisk and mitius so yo would only have the login to one of them. My question to you is if this were a problem on my end of the sites how would it be happening on 10 different sites both ja brisk and mitius templates? Also, as i mentioned earlier if you downgrade to version 2.2.1 the previous version of the plugin the issue goes away on all of the sites.

I have previously sent you this is even an issue on your demo site this is not an isolated incident. If you go to your own site http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_brisk. Then use the demo builder and install version 2.3.0 of the system plugin you have the same issue as I do. I would use this to see what the issue is.

When I do get time I will try to send you a link to one of the sites.

jschroeder Friend

For your information the code change you suggested did fix one of my sites. It was a joomla 2.5.2.2 site with 1.0.8 of the mitius template installed using version 2.3.0 but this is the only one so far it has worked on. The problem is with the all the ja brisk template sites the change you suggested is already done so I have no idea why it would not be working.

jschroeder Friend

Hi thanks for your help I discovered the issue:

Here is the code you pasted:
    <html xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xml:lang=”<?php echo $this->language; ?>” lang=”<?php echo $this->language; ?>” dir=”<?php echo $this->direction; ?>” class=”<jdoc:include type=”pageclass” />”>

When I was looking at my blocks it looked the same what had happened was this was the existing code:
    <html xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xml:lang=”<?php echo $this->language; ?>” lang=”<?php echo $this->language; ?>” dir=”<?php echo $this->direction; ?>”>

It was just missing class=”<jdoc:include type=”pageclass” />. I will have to go back and update all my blocks accordingly to modify this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aryentain99 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum