Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am having trouble getting the top drop down menu to display submenus when hovering over a menu item. The submenu items dont appear until after I have clicked on the main menu item.

I have the latest version of Wall, and I have been trying different menu settings for parent/child relationships. Can someone please explain a step by step how do set up a menu/ dropdown submenu for proper display?

Thanks!

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi teamav,

I have no problem of creating sub-menu.
    Have you added any modification to the template?

It would be terrific if you can provide a link to check.

Also I may need admin/ftp access information to take further look. Please send it to me via pm.

I am waiting for your information.

Regards

rcheesley Friend

Hi folks,

I am also having the same problem. Level 1 child menu items show only if you select ‘always show child items’ but level 2 items also show, when they should only show when the level 1 child item is hovered.

Menu structure is as follows:

Home
    Page 1
    Page 2
    – Child Page (text separator)
    – Sub-Page
    – Sub-Page

So, Page 1, Page 2 work fine, and display as expected. Child Page (text separator) appears where it should, but the sub-pages appear beneath a gap.

I’ve done a screenshot as attached and can give you access if required.

Here is the source:

<div class="inner menu-inner clearfix">

<ul class="menu">
    <li class="item-109 current active">
    <a href="/jup25virya/index.php?lang=en" >Home</a></li>
    <li class="item-3 deeper parent"><a >What we do</a>
    <!-- <span class="separator">What we do</span> -->
    <ul>
    <li class="item-166"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=37&Itemid=166&lang=en" >Linux server support</a></li>
    <li class="item-169"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=115&Itemid=169&lang=en" >Open Source Training</a></li>
    <li class="item-167"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=114&Itemid=167&lang=en" >Open Source Consultancy</a></li>
    <li class="item-183 deeper parent"><a >We do Joomla!</a>
    <!-- <span class="separator">We do Joomla!</span> -->
    <ul>
    <li class="item-168"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=48&Itemid=168&lang=en" >Joomla! Website Support</a></li>
    <li class="item-67"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=22&Itemid=67&lang=en" >Joomla! Website design</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li class="item-7 deeper parent"><a >How we do it</a>
    <!-- <span class="separator">How we do it</span> -->
    <ul><li class="item-16"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=110&Itemid=16&lang=en" >About us</a></li>
    <li class="item-15"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=111&Itemid=15&lang=en" >Corporate Social Responsibility</a></li>
    <li class="item-82"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_gcalendar&view=gcalendar&Itemid=82&lang=en" >Come and meet us!</a></li>
    <li class="item-49"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=17&Itemid=49&lang=en" >Portfolio</a></li>
    <li class="item-105"><a href="/jup25virya/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=15&Itemid=105&lang=en" >Meet the team</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    <li class="item-63 deeper parent">
    <a >What we're up to</a>

Just to clarify the other top-level text separators work fine! I also tried setting ‘We do Joomla!’ to be an article, and featured article etc to rule out the text separator being the problem – therefore I think it’s a template-related problem.

Ruth

1. jawall
    rcheesley Friend

I believe this is also being reported on this forum post:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/menu-problem-top-menu-subitems-shown-up-not-in-place/

Ruth

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi rcheesley,

We apologize. JA Wall does not come with T3 Framework so it will not have Megamenu. JA Wall also has a limit. Because of the responsive feature, JA Wall will not support more than 2 level menu item.

Please try to organize your menu system to 2 level only.

You can use CSS menu but It is really hard to compatible with responsive feature on all devices.
    Please use this attachment and overwrite /templates/ja_wall/css/navigation.css

And on all theme css file, please make change

#mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li:hover a,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li a:hover,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li a:active,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li a:focus,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li.active > a {
    ..... some css rules ...
    }

to

#mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li:hover > a,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li > a:hover,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li > a:active,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li > a:focus,
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper ul li.active > a {
    .... some css rules ...
    }

Regards

1. navigation.zip
    rcheesley Friend

Thanks, I understand what you’re saying, but it is not possible for us to logically organise the menus to 2 levels as we need to group menu items, and without megamenu this is the only way of achieving it. Will give your code a whirl and report back!

Ruth

rcheesley Friend

Thanks for your help with this.

Almost there, in that the menu doesn’t completely break now, but it’s using the exact same styling as the 2nd level, so it has a huge padding at the top and the black arrow, and doesn’t appear in the correct position.

Ruth

1. jawall_screenshot
    Wall Crasher Developer

Hi rcheesley,

For the space at the top, you can change the margin-top in css rule at line 97 in file navigation.css

#mainnav .menu > li.deeper:hover > ul {
    left: auto;
    margin-top: 45px; /*decrease it*/
    position: absolute;
    }

I see that you have customize css so I does not have information about that arrow.
    Please extend your membership to get further support.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum