Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello!

i love the site tools in xenia, but find the drop down menu really annoying/fiddly. Is there anyway to remove the drop down, and just have the tools appear as they are in the mainnav??
    thanks!

Hung Dinh Friend
    zandercent Friend

Hi,

thanks, but thats not quite what i mean, I still want the options to be usable, but I don’t want them to be in a drop down from the “site tools” button.

I am only using the page width options from the site tools, and they take up less room than the “site tools” button you have to hover over for the page width options to appear.

The drop down “site tools” button, therefore, is kind of redundant and a bit fiddly.

can you help??

thanks

Hung Dinh Friend

Open template index.php file, search this code:

<?php if ($ja_tool) {?>
    <div id="ja-usertoolswrap">
    <span class="ja-sitetool">Site Tools</span>
    <div id="ja-usertools" style="left:<?php echo ($ja_tool==3)?-120:(($ja_tool==2)?0:-60); ?>px">
    <?php genToolMenu($ja_tool); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

replace it with following code

<?php if ($ja_tool) {?>
    <div style="float:right;padding-top:10px;padding-right:20px;">
    <?php genToolMenu($ja_tool); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<blockquote>The drop down “site tools” button, therefore, is kind of redundant and a bit fiddly.</blockquote>
    A lot people like this site tools, it can help user to customize the template to fit into the client browser or their liking…
    I do not think it is redundant, it is just the taste issue

zandercent Friend

Hi,

i think you are missing the point. I also think the site tools are brilliant. In fact they are the reason I choose JoomlArt templates over any others.

What i am trying to say is that in the xenia template the site tools are not displayed in a row on the page. instead you have to hover the mouse pointer over the button which says “site tools” to get to them. this is, I imagine, to save space.

My issue is that I am only using the ‘page width’ options in the little drop down box, which on their own are smaller than the “site tools” button that you have to hover the mouse pointer over; making this MOUSE OVER BUTTON redundant.

Can i make the tools appear in the mainnav, without having to hover over this “site tools” button?

And can i again clarify that I think the site tools are brilliant, and one of the things that marks JoomlArt templates as the best available.

thanks

zandercent Friend

hi,

I have tried the code and it works perfectly. I don;t understand, however, how you fixed my problem, but still misunderstood my question?? Weird!!

Anyway, thanks for posting the fix! Keep the excellent templates coming, and keep the site tools in!!

Hung Dinh Friend

Glad to help Zandercent, hope you are happy being arround with us

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum