Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I just installed the quickstart and none of the drop down menus are working. It shows the arrow and I have items published under the top level items. Even when I activate one of the menus installed with the quickstart, it still won’t drop down. I haven’t deactivated any plugins or anything, just starting doing some stuff with the menus. I know it has to be something simple and/or stupid but I can’t figure out what I’m missing, thank in advance for all the help! Link to the site is below!

http://blackbearwebdesign.com/sad42/

1option Friend

I am having the same issue. I am waiting a response on my post as well. Hopefully they will answer soon.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@ametzler79: I debugged to check the link on your site, i see that your site is conflict with jQuery of K2component

and @1option: may be you have the same problem

Please check add this script below jQuery lib

<script>jQuery.noConflict();</script>

The problem on your site will be fixed.

1. FireShot-Pro-Screen-Capture-122-M_S_A_D_-42-Mars-Hill-ME-blackbearwebdesign_com_sad42
    2. FireShot-Pro-Screen-Capture-123-M_S_A_D_-42-Mars-Hill-ME-blackbearwebdesign_com_sad42
    ametzler79 Friend

Thanks for checking it out, I figured it would be just easier to remove k2 since I’m not even using that feature. Figured removing it would take care of the issue, is there another file I need to insert the code you gave as it is still an issue. Thanks again for all of your help!

Ninja Lead Moderator

@ametzler79: if you still face any error. please send PM me admin access and ftp account. I will help you out of

niallfitz Friend

I’m having the same problem – can you explain in more detail where that code goes please? Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@niallfitz: I’m not quite sure what modifications you have done upon your installation and could not reproduce the same error with the original JA University template.

I would need to check directly on your site and feedback you the solution on this

beachstant Friend

I’m having the same issue on my site. I need to use K2, so I’m hoping someone can provide a way to work around this conflict. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If you could provide the filename/path that needs to be edited that would be awesome.

1option Friend

I just did a fresh download of Joomla 2.5.7 and installed a fresh download of the template. I am also having this issue now. Can Joomlart please release a template update fixing this problem? It would seem that multiple users are having the problem.

Thanks.

1option Friend

I am unclear how I add that script. Please advise. Also, please note I am not using K2.

Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please send PM me with URL, admin access and ftp account, i will help you check the problem on your site.

cybernun Friend

Ninja–have been struggling with the dropdown issue now for 5 days. I did 2 re-installs. This is crazy. I won’t be using K2 but I see from other posts that it doesn’t matter – there’s still an issue with the drop downs.

Do I need to ditch this template? What is the solution? Very upsetting – all this time trying to re-install, disable, etc. HELP! :((:((:((:((

PS: Will PM site details on 2 sites this is an issue. Would GREATLY appreciate you looking at it.

cirymarr Friend

My dropdown menus aren’t working either – site is here: http://www.costa.c-meonline.com

Can someone from Joomlart please explain a) what the problem is, and b) how to resolve it.

I have removed K2 from my system as I do not need it, but the problem remains.

ametzler79 Friend

Hey Ninja, just wanted to check that you received my PM and see if you discovered what was causing the issue. Thanks again!!

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@1option 338673 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am unclear how I add that script. Please advise. Also, please note I am not using K2.

Thanks.</blockquote>
    @1option: I fixed the error directly on your site. Please check it your site again

@ametzler79, @cirymarr, @cybernun, @niallfitz

Please override new mega.js with old file on your hosting

<blockquote>templates/ja_university/js/menu</blockquote>

Let me know if you still the same on error

1. mega.zip
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum