Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I created a download link with the paragraph download class with the TITLE tag. On the front-end the text of the tooltip was written in one, without any spaces, though the spaces were entered in the source.

bigrk Friend

Do you have a Live Site or picture for us to see what you are talking about?

instantinlaw Friend

You could try adding:

for each space you want to the html instead of pressing the space bar.

bigrk Friend

Or <br > if you are using HTML.

LocaLiceR Friend

Meanwhile I investigated the situation more thoroughly. Not only at the download paragraph title, but all of the titlles were modfified. I tried the core TinyMCE and JoomlaFCK, both of them resulted the same error. I just forget to tell you, this problem occurred in VirtueMart product page.

Then I was curious about whether this problem persists with a standard articles opened from Article Manager. I created a link with a TITLE tag, saved it, and – see the miracle – the string was saved with spaces. First I tried Tiny, then JoomlaFCK, both of them saved the TIOTLE tag string with spaces.

It seems that the bug caused by VM. An important info: I didn’t modify the settings of the editors.

(Joomla! 1.5.4, VirtueMart 1.1.1, JoomlaFCK 2.6.1, TinyMCE 2.1.2)

instantinlaw Friend

bigrk;69837Or <br > if you are using HTML.

Hey bigrk,
    Here is someting I thought you might like to know.

PHP code is normally mixed with XHTML tags.

Differences Between HTML and XHTML

In HTML the <br> tag has no end tag.
    In XHTML the <br> tag must be properly closed, like this: <br />.

Although you can use the <br> tag it is better to use the <br /> tag in Joomla. 😉

instantinlaw Friend

LocaLiceR;69839Meanwhile I investigated the situation more thoroughly. Not only at the download paragraph title, but all of the titlles were modfified. I tried the core TinyMCE and JoomlaFCK, both of them resulted the same error. I just forget to tell you, this problem occurred in VirtueMart product page.

Then I was curious about whether this problem persists with a standard articles opened from Article Manager. I created a link with a TITLE tag, saved it, and – see the miracle – the string was saved with spaces. First I tried Tiny, then JoomlaFCK, both of them saved the TIOTLE tag string with spaces.

It seems that the bug caused by VM. An important info: I didn’t modify the settings of the editors.

(Joomla! 1.5.4, VirtueMart 1.1.1, JoomlaFCK 2.6.1, TinyMCE 2.1.2)

You could turn off the editor when adding items in VM, and add raw html.

bigrk Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 69841 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey bigrk,
    Here is someting I thought you might like to know.

PHP code is normally mixed with XHTML tags.

Differences Between HTML and XHTML

In HTML the <br> tag has no end tag.
    In XHTML the <br> tag must be properly closed, like this: <br />.

Although you can use the <br> tag it is better to use the <br /> tag in Joomla. ;)</blockquote>

TYPO :-[ I never use the the WYSIWYG Editor. I always hand code.

instantinlaw Friend

BigRK;69847TYPO :-[ I never use the the WYSIWYG Editor. I always hand code.

I was wondering why you left the space after the b. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum