Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

On the frontpage in very first article my original image 360×240 is resized to 559xx237.
    If I set in HTML 360×240 then on the frontpage I can see the part of image resized to 559×237. Why???

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Take backup and open your templates/ja_ruby/html/com_content/frontpage/default.php

on line 17 :
    [PHP]
    //Leading image size
    $this->imageWidth = 559;
    $this->imageHeight =237;[/PHP]

You can edit these settings or completely remove the code to stop auto resizing.

Give it a try and let us know if it works.

regards

arvind

beta777 Friend

Yhank you, Arvind!

It works!:D

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Glad its solved. You can also try firebug extension for firefox, play around with it and you can solve most of the silly problems and can even try to tweak your site with it.

marking this thread as solved.

regards

arvind

edmguate Friend

<em>@drarvindc 125001 wrote:</em><blockquote>Glad its solved. You can also try firebug extension for firefox, play around with it and you can solve most of the silly problems and can even try to tweak your site with it.

marking this thread as solved.

regards

arvind</blockquote>
    Hello, It works buy I want to use the image into text. Not on the top. What can I do.

Ramiro Vallejo Friend

Hello.
    I have the 2 articles with 2 different images on the homepage but the images are distorted. Delete the code //Leading image size, but not working

Ramiro Vallejo Friend

remove the code to stop auto resizing.
    //Leading image size
    $this->imageWidth = 559;
    $this->imageHeight =237;

WORKS OK!!!

missyw Friend

<em>@drarvindc 124957 wrote:</em><blockquote>Take backup and open your templates/ja_ruby/html/com_content/frontpage/default.php

on line 17 :
    [PHP]
    //Leading image size
    $this->imageWidth = 559;
    $this->imageHeight =237;[/PHP]

You can edit these settings or completely remove the code to stop auto resizing.

Give it a try and let us know if it works.

regards

arvind</blockquote>
    This is really weird. I am working on my localhost installation, and for the present I am just testing the first front-page article:
    – Removing the 3 lines of code does NOT work (the image is still resized).
    – But changing the imageWidth and imageHeight settings DOES work.
    :confused:

natehazen Friend

I would like the lead image to be part of the text too.
    If you click into the article by read more, then it shows the image aligned left and within the article.
    I would like the frontpage to appear the same.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  natehazen 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum