Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Have not installed this template jet. It seems that there’s a lot threads/problems in this forum regarding this template? Or?

So, can someone tell me if all features work in this template? Tryed JA_Barite, but to many problems with that template. (modules that does not work)

I think it’s rare that templates work correctly :(( or without any setupproblems. (not only at Joomlart)

It’s sad to buy (pay money) for something that have dosen’t work properly.

Well, Ja_Teline looks cool, so just want to ask if it works right compared to the demo of it, at the demosite.

VisiGod Friend

Very doubtfull that it works correctly.

TomC Moderator

Interesting considering that there are several members whose Teline II based sites we have seen that seem to be working just fine.

Here’s a great example – http://3wpoker.com

VisiGod Friend

Well, I see posts from several dozens of members that have problems 😉
    Me being one of them.

mayhesla Friend

@tom = thanx for the:

<blockquote>Here’s a great example – http 3wpoker.com</blockquote>

As for the errors people fear.

With my type of settings on the server, and after experimenting a lot with this template in many areas – i must say i have had minimal with problems.

The tiny problems one could come across, is nothing that ain’t fixable.

I highly recommend you to try out this template mr ibsen 🙂

Best of luck with it

BTW: My site ain’t at all completed in all areas – please excuse some “missing content”…it will be HUGELY improved in the 2-3 weeks to come 🙂

ibsen Friend

Thanks mr. mayhesla. I will try the template – The flexible thing is a problem for some. But what i’m after is eg. the extra modules, that these templates come with. It’s often a “problem/big time waster” (I think) to setup the modules. Just get it to look like the demo can be a problem and errors happen often i think. Yes the templates work, but the “purchased thing doesn’t always look like the drawing on the package” , if you know what I mean.

So wysiwyg is not always true. And the beginners can’t just get what they see. And that’s sad.

And – No i’m not gonna play at the 3wpoker.com 😉 – but it sure looks fine – so it can be done. 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@ibsen 52366 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks mr. mayhesla. I will try the template – The flexible thing is a problem for some. But what i’m after is eg. the extra modules, that these templates come with. It’s often a “problem/big time waster” (I think) to setup the modules. Just get it to look like the demo can be a problem and errors happen often i think. Yes the templates work, but the “purchased thing doesn’t always look like the drawing on the package” , if you know what I mean.
    </blockquote>
    Which is exactly why utilizing the quickstart packages is so useful.

leoncai Friend

I am certain that this template works correctly. I did however use the quick start, which is useful, but as a matter of principle and learning, I also did a fresh install to play with, and it also worked the same, i just had to create all the content items and categories.

The only issue i faced, and still am having trouble with is the video player, to stream you tube videos in the video player. Otherwise, all other information is usually available in the configuration files supplied in the download package.

What i will admit, is that usually, JA templates are generally much easier to get around. HOWEVER, it is an understaement that this release is the all time best JA template release in their so far amazing history.

With some modifications to the CSS files, this template is as versatile and handy as they come.

If you are having trouble, please let me know, i can try to help you.

ibsen Friend

Well that’s my way to do the templates – without the quickhelp ect. I wan’t to learn setting up the templates, but i’m unlucky or not god enough to get them to work correctly. So perheaps this is why I think that there’s to many errors with the templates. I don’t know.

Now, I can’t find the download for this template ONLY – without the quick stuff a.s.o Only the template – don’t want to start all over and all this.

ps. thanks for answer Leoncai – and your offer to help, I’ll have that in mind 🙂

leoncai Friend

well i agree that perhaps the templates can come with better STEP BY STEP instructions with some examples. Such as the video module in the teline II template.

what site you working on i can offer some advice if i see it.

nlopes Friend

Hi

Im taking your offer up of trying to help as Im not getting very far with adding a video solution. I have added 2 types of video components – seyret pro and highwood. Neither of them work properly. I wanted to opt but am having dificulties
    http://www.free2manage.com
    Main Menu Video and Vdeo2 go to th different video components.

Seyret – problems with the tabs – featured, categoies dont seem to be working and most viewed sits at the bottom in text
    Add Video sends me to the index.php page and doesnt add video with this template though works when I change the template

The Highwood video – cant even get past the first hurdle when I try to add video – not authorised to even though I have super admin rights?!? Think it i a session isssue maybe. Cant get answers here from anyone… so frustrated.

Thanks for any light you may be ale to shed. I am using Joomla 1.5.3 and the Teline II template
    cheers
    Nuno

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  nlopes 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum