Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

The Quickstart package includes the old 1.0.12 version.

Can I simply install Teline with the quickstart package and then upgrade to 1.0.13 without scewing everything up?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Michael Casha Friend

Hi TeeTide,

There shouldn’t be any issues with using the upgrade package from Joomla.org

teetide Friend

Thank you.

bigrk Friend

Let us know what happens TeeTide.

teetide Friend

Will do.

By the way, I’m the one that discussed Teline with you over on the RT board the other day.

bigrk Friend

I wondered if that might be you. What’s your url? I am interested to see what you are developing with Teline and the type of site you described.

teetide Friend

It’s on a local server right now so I’ll PM you the url when we go live.

The live URL currently points to a phpBB2 forum that serves citizens of a ten town region in SE Alabama/NW Florida. We have roughly 700 active members who come to talk about stuff around town, like an online coffee shop. Our local newpaper is woeful, so my members have been screaming for a real “newspaper” type portal with headlines, weather and the works. Advertisers are calling and asking how they can advertise on the site. I’m trying desperately to make it all happen without knowing jack about coding. I ran across Joomla a couple of months and figured it was probably the way to go.

As much as I love the RT support, RT templates are a little too “cutesy” for what I want to do. So far Teline is about the best option I’ve run across. Any other template suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

More information than you probably cared to know, but what the hey……

bigrk Friend

Thanks for the update. Let me know when you go live and good luck with the project.

turgut Friend

Hello

I have been using 1.0.13 with this template for a while without any problem though I have problem with statistics that does not work, however it might be different issue and might not be related the template. I did not have time to investigate. I use Google Analytics for statistics therefore. The site is here: http://www.kadinsagligi.com

Cheers

Turgut

teetide Friend

Thanks for the input Turgut. That’s good to know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  teetide 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum