Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Site is back up running 1.6.5 I believe there is a problem with the template when you upgrade to 1.7.3. Can anyone confirm that the template works in 1.7.3? And now in the 2.5 release?

n6rej Friend

its unknown @ this time if it works perfectly in 2.5.. is should but its not been officially tested yet.
    as for 1.6.5 I don’t know what problems you had when upgrading. Can you explain better or perhaps provide screenshots?

Kevin Collins Friend

1.60 to 1.6.5 upgrade worked. Then used the the 1.6.5 to upgrade straight to 1.7.3. In 1.7.3 screen went white and no error message. When I went back to 1.6.5 the error message I got is below. We had the hostgator admin replace some files with original files and the site came back.

Warning: require_once(/home/gammie/public_html/libraries/joomla/import.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gammie/public_html/includes/framework.php on line 40

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/gammie/public_html/libraries/joomla/import.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/gammie/public_html/includes/framework.php on line 40

swissa Friend

Hi

As I said yesterday to you on another thread

<blockquote>I believe there is a problem upgrading from 1.6.5. Check the Joomla forum. Copy it locally and then I think you have to upgrade from 1.6.5 to 1.7 then from 1.7 to 1.7.3 to 1.7.4. You can test after each upgrade to see if all is ok. Again do a backup each time. If it works you can upload to the live site using kickstart.
    </blockquote>

1.6 to 1.6.5
    1.6.5 to 1.7
    1.7 to 1.7.3
    1.7.3 to 1.7.4

Do backups using Akeeba and you won’t have to keep going back to hostgater. It really will make your life so much easier.

n6rej Friend

I could not live w/o akeeba now… I have a ton of respect for Nicholaus

swissa Friend

<em>@n6rej 297026 wrote:</em><blockquote>I could not live w/o akeeba now… I have a ton of respect for Nicholaus</blockquote>

Agree ABSOLUTELY! Always the first thing I load. Before any template even.

That and JCE.

:laugh:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum