Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve used quite a few Joomlart templates over time, but this is my first time using Zite.

Usually, Joomlart templates come with multiple selectable themes, offering different colour schemes for example.

Is this the case with Zite? Or is it only coming with the theme with the red colour?

So, if i want my website with green rather than red, does this mean that I have to create a new theme from scratch?

I understand there are instructions how to do this. But i was hoping for some basic theme colours choices to come with the template….

Can someone clarify?

thanks

TomC Moderator

While there are various established typography/module classes you can utilize – or create your own – it does not appear that there are varying pre-designed color themes included with JA Zite. As such, if you want to change the overall theme of your JA Zite based site, you will need to modify/customize and/or create the relative theme files/CSS.

lunarview22 Friend

thanks for your reply

i see this page
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Themes
    with lots of useful information on what themes are…

But it doesn’t really step me through the process of creating a theme from scratch.

Is there a page somewhere , or helpful tutorial, that will take me through the process of creating a new theme, or multiple themes for Zite so that i can simply switch between colour schemes

of course i could track down every single occurence of the red colour in the template and manually change it over to another colour……but this is 2014…and this is joomlart….so i am surprised i have to say that i have to do a whole bunch of manual coding aoverrides just to change red to green

if there is a page which goes through step-by-step how to create a theme for an existing template like Zite an then modify it to make themes with different colours, it wouldd be very useful if someone could point this out to me

thanks

lunarview22 Friend

ok well i’m talking out loud here, commenting on what i am seeing. please feel free to comment on my comments.

so i am setting out to create a new theme, in order to change the colour palette of the Zite template.

very good, so i go to this page to learn about it
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Themes

So far i have not found any step-by-step guide to setting up a new theme from scratch, and i was not born with this knowledge, so i am following the guide above.

So it tells me that the “Base theme” is where it all starts, and the address is given as

your_site/plugins/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css

This is completely wrong. This is not the correct address at all. It should be

your_site/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css

Ok, fine, so moving right along, next we learn that the “default theme” overrides the “base theme” and this default theme is supplied with the T3 framework based template. the address for this is said to be

your_site/templates/jat3_blank/themes/light/css/template.css

but nothing like this exists in the Zite template folder. there is instead

your_site/JA-Zite/themes….with an index.html file in there and thats all

why is this page http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Themes so inaccurate with all this information?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,

Let me explain a little bit more about themes: Base theme and Theme variations – your override theme

Base theme
    It’s defined in JAT3 plugin and you’re right, it locates in: your_site/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/. It holds very basic layout design.

Theme variations
    This is your custom theme and all of its file should be added to: /your_site/templates/ja_zite/themes/custom_theme/ folder. This theme will override the above base theme in core plugin. The following is file/folder would be included in your override theme:

blocks folder to hold the blocks you want to override;
    css folder to hold template.css to override general template styling and menu folder to override menu systems styling;
    html folder to override same files in the core plugin for content components and modules views;
    images folder to override the logo and generally all graphics needed to have a custom theme design;
    info.xml file to hold theme information.

If you don’t want to override one of above file/folder, your override theme will inherit from core plugin.

Hope these make senses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum