Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    Joomlart ALWAYS releases news related templates without support for the most used component in publishing — K2. Is the case different in this new release of JA Magz II?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    JA Magz II doesn’t support K2 component , we use Joomla CCK for the content for the JA Magz II template .
    I will pas this suggestion to development team for consider it .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    JA Magz II doesn’t support K2 component , we use Joomla CCK for the content for the JA Magz II template .
    I will pas this suggestion to development team for consider it .

owinojoe Friend

SAME old story! Same line for most if not all other magazine based templates. Either Joomlart has no technical ability to incorporate K2 or they just do not give a shit. How do you release a news template without the #1 used component by publishers?! Saw it years back and was stupid enough to renew. Now that you have even increased your prices… haha!

<em>@pankajsharma 496872 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    I will pas this suggestion to development team for consider it .</blockquote>

owinojoe Friend

SAME old story! Same line for most if not all other magazine based templates. Either Joomlart has no technical ability to incorporate K2 or they just do not give a shit. How do you release a news template without the #1 used component by publishers?! Saw it years back and was stupid enough to renew. Now that you have even increased your prices… haha!

<em>@pankajsharma 496872 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    I will pas this suggestion to development team for consider it .</blockquote>

shultman Friend

I took for granted JA Magz would support K2. I even renewed my yearly subscription to download it.
    That was a serious and expensive mistake. 🙁

But NO. Articles view but the frontend editing button is gone. This is a serious and unacceptable flaw.

shultman Friend

I took for granted JA Magz would support K2. I even renewed my yearly subscription to download it.

But NO. Articles view but the frontend editing button is gone. This is a serious and unacceptable flaw.

TomC Moderator

<em>@shultman 497065 wrote:</em><blockquote>I took for granted JA Magz would support K2. I even renewed my yearly subscription to download it.

But NO. Articles view but the frontend editing button is gone. This is a serious and unacceptable flaw.</blockquote>

There is nothing preventing you from installing the K2 CCK component into yoru JA Magz II template yourself.

TomC Moderator

<em>@shultman 497065 wrote:</em><blockquote>I took for granted JA Magz would support K2. I even renewed my yearly subscription to download it.

But NO. Articles view but the frontend editing button is gone. This is a serious and unacceptable flaw.</blockquote>

There is nothing preventing you from installing the K2 CCK component into yoru JA Magz II template yourself.

shultman Friend

<em>@TomC 497066 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is nothing preventing you from installing the K2 CCK component into yoru JA Magz II template yourself.</blockquote>

Yes, I know. K2 is installed and the articles show. I have not made any K2 overrides, just using K2 default so far.
    The problem is EDIT BUTTON for each K2 article disappears when using Magz II template.
    I only allow frontend editing on this site so I am quite dependent of K2 frontend editing.

shultman Friend

<em>@TomC 497066 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is nothing preventing you from installing the K2 CCK component into yoru JA Magz II template yourself.</blockquote>

Yes, I know. K2 is installed and the articles show. I have not made any K2 overrides, just using K2 default so far.
    The problem is EDIT BUTTON for each K2 article disappears when using Magz II template.
    I only allow frontend editing on this site so I am quite dependent of K2 frontend editing.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@shultman: You can enable Edit item button from K2 component with my solution below

Create templates/ja_magz_ii/css/custom.css file and new rule css style

span.itemEditLink a.modal {
    display: block !important;
    position: initial !important;
    }
    span.itemEditLink {
    width: initial !important;
    }

Ninja Lead Moderator

@shultman: You can enable Edit item button from K2 component with my solution below

Create templates/ja_magz_ii/css/custom.css file and new rule css style

span.itemEditLink a.modal {
    display: block !important;
    position: initial !important;
    }
    span.itemEditLink {
    width: initial !important;
    }

zviadi Friend

Our current website is using K2. So 90% of items are in K2. But I don’t like it for having NO archive tool.
    That is why I want to migrate all K2 items to Joomla standard. Is it possible with Magz ii??

Ninja Lead Moderator

@zviadi: In this case, you need to convert K2 items to com_content and configuration the data on your site works with JA Magz II template

• Download JA K2 Data Migration plugin here and convert K2 items on your site to com_content

• Kindly check out this documentation for how to work with JA Magz II template here

Hope it helps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum