Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Have to be honest, whenever I go to the Virtuemart site to check out the “live shops” gallery – rarely (if ever) do I see a professional looking/feeling store, let alone any that look as though they’re doing well.

Does anyone know of any Joomla + Virtuemart sites that are actually doing well?

:confused:

uniquebiz Friend

Good question Tom.
    I can’t say I’ve seen big corporate type cart sites using VM either, having said that, I’ve never seen a professional big company using Magento store either? or oscommerce also, mind you I don’t go looking for them .

I guess it depends on what your interpretation of big, and professional is, does it mean Amazon, the book repository, and huge stores like that? If so, while their carts are purpose written, I find visually they are probably the least professional in design, they always look so cluttered and have so many banners ads etc it’s really a put off. But in general the purchasing process works every time on these custom sites and they handle traffic we only wish for
    Shannon

TomC Moderator

I don’t really mean the “big boys” – because, let’s face it, they generally have the capital to create their own proprietary ecommerce solution. Rather, I’m just wondering if anyone has seen any J+VM site that not only looks/feels professional, but seems to be working (relative to small business, of course).

I am not trying to turn anyone from Joomla/VirtueMart to Magento, mind you . . . but if you’re interested in seeing some of the sites being created w/ Magento, you can see a list here —> http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/category/magento-spotting/

zao dao Friend

many people use zencart and magento,i rally not like VM

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

TomC Moderator

I suppose, when you get right down to it, a shopping cart is a shopping cart – right? I mean, VirtueMart essentially performs the same functions as does Magento, Zen, OcCommerce, etc., correct?

zao dao Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 189404 wrote:</em><blockquote>I suppose, when you get right down to it, a shopping cart is a shopping cart – right? I mean, VirtueMart essentially performs the same functions as does Magento, Zen, OcCommerce, etc., correct?</blockquote>

I don’t think so,other cms have some basic functions but why we use joomla,because joomla have much more templates,extensions.tutorials.
    zencart and magento have much more templates and extensions than VM,and more functions .

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

TomC Moderator

<em>@zaodao 189420 wrote:</em><blockquote>I
    zencart and magento have much more templates and extensions than VM,and more functions .</blockquote>
    Zen Cart, perhaps – but Magento ??

Saguaros Moderator

with personal, i think that the virtualmart component is best choise for your site based on the Joomla CMS, please find more detail about this component http://virtuemart.net/

With it’s a fully-featured eCommerce Engine VirtueMart is perfect to sell your Goods online and drive your Business to new Heights. Despite being Open Source Software it powers large Online Shops providing the Performance, Usability and Security you expect from professional Software.

VirtueMart is the leading Online-Shop Solution for Joomla! (more than 2.5 Million Downloads so far).

You can see 2.5 Million Downloads, that is so amazing number -as trust, credit with this product:). Here is the portfolios http://virtuemart.net/home/live-stores

GOodluck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum