Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Am using disqus commenting system and have installed disqus plugins however no comments are displaying on article pages.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi are you using JA disqus plugin ,?
    That comes with template package ? Its working fine as i tested , kindly check the configuration , it should assigned to all categories.

rubygirl Friend

yes I am and still nothing is showing. No comment count, no comments, nothing.
    I’ve uninstalled the plugin, reinstalled the plugin and updated the plugin and still no luck. What can I do next to get this to work?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can send me a temp super user details of site via Private reply , so that i can take a look on the configurations of the plugin .

rubygirl Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly apply the solution given Here
    Let me know if it helps .

rubygirl Friend

while it does allow the disqus to start to show by changing that code, it messes up the rest of the page. Currently the introtext is followed by the main image and then the rest of the text is displayed. By changing the code as referenced above, the full text is displayed, followed by the disqus, followed by main image followed by remaining text.

Also that suggestion did not address the display of the comment links ( & how many comments are below) at the top of the articles either.

Any other ideas?

rubygirl Friend

still trying to get this to work. I did change settings in admin to test and if I select MANUAL instead of automatic and add {jacomment} at bottom of article, the disqus does show. I can’t do that however on the 6000+ articles in the system.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I sent the bug report to concern team so they can check it further , Meanwhile, I configure the plugin for you and you can see the comment section now .
    For comment count i added below code in article/default.php file in line 82

<?php echo $this->item->event->beforeDisplayContent; ?>

You can see the Disqus is working on your site .

rubygirl Friend

thank you! hopefully dev team can figure out bug and fix it for good. I appreciate your help!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome!

rubygirl Friend

wondering if there is any update on this? I’m migrating the comments over and they are showing well because of the changes you made – thank you – but the # comments at the top of the page always show 0 Comments even if there are more. Can you please let me know what to do in order to get that to correctly show the number of comments displayed on that article? If it can’t do that, until the dev team fixes the bug, then maybe I can just take that part out and only have the comments listed below the article. thoughts?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly remove the code for the #comments added in php files . I reminded the dev. team also take a look on this problem .

Regards

rubygirl Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly send me the new site super user details , I need to check it on your admin panel .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum