Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I really need help from the community. I have a large display problem on my site. With the browser Mozila I have no problem. But with the IE browser, the poster is that party. If anyone has seen this kind of problem, its help me would be very useful

URl http://www.mwinda.org

Thank you

scotty Friend

Have you edited your index.php file at all? It seems IE8 is not rendering your ja-colwrap div at all… is there an IE conditional comment in your index.php?

victortopper Friend

No I have not touched or modified the index.php file I use joomla 1.5.14 may be there is there a bug? Thank you can help me

scotty Friend

can you post your entire index.php file here please?

If joomla is outputting the HTML correctly then I can see no reason for IE to omit part of other than a conditional comment. It’s not CSS as the DIV is not being included in the code at all. So it’s got to be your index.php.

Hmmm…. or……. maybe you have a custom module or something in that position with some dodgy code that IE doesn’t like?

victortopper Friend

Here are two files index.php
    1) is index1.php for homepage
    2) is for the index.php template

1. index.zip
    2. index1.zip
    scotty Friend

Hi Victor. There is no problem with your index.php file. the problem is that you have been copy & pasting articles from Microsoft Word. When you do this Microsoft places a load of unnecessary HTML within the article. This extra HTML is what is causing the problem. You need to go back over your articles and switch to HTML view and remove the unnecessary code.

<p><strong>Luc Missidimbazi</strong></p>
    <p>
    <meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=utf-8″ />
    <meta name=”ProgId” content=”Word.Document” />
    <meta name=”Generator” content=”Microsoft Word 12″ />
    <meta name=”Originator” content=”Microsoft Word 12″ />
    <link rel=”File-List” href=”file:///C:DOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtmlclip11clip_filelist.xml” />
    <link rel=”themeData” href=”file:///C:DOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtmlclip11clip_themedata.thmx” />
    <link rel=”colorSchemeMapping” href=”file:///C:DOCUME~1ADMINI~1LOCALS~1Tempmsohtmlclip11clip_colorschememapping.xml” />
    <!–><xml> Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 </xml><!–><!–><xml> </xml><!–> <!–> <! /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Tableau Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} –></p>
    <p>(1) Source : LA MICRO-FINANCE AU CONGO-BRAZZAVILLE Instrument de paupérisation ou moyen de lutte contre le sous-développement ? de Serges Ikiemi<br /> Pour info : 1 Ko = 1 024 octets <br /> Pour info : 1 Mo = 1 024 Ko = 1 048 576 octets</p>
    <p> </p>

victortopper Friend

Thank you, these are the items on the homepage or magazine articles that I have to take?

what is the best word processor is needed to prepare items to avoid this kind of inconvenience

Thank you for your help

scotty Friend

You need to edit any text you copied from Word to articles or modules.

I’d just replace the default Joomla editor with JCEditor.

Manos Moderator

Better use o Notepad for example Notepad++ for your articles.
    And there is an other option that i think it is working.
    Try on TinyMce plugin to set it to clean html on save (it is on the editors settings in the plugin section – use extended)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum