Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Feel compelled to write another review.
    Too many overenthusiastic reactions. I beg to differ.

Get real guys – this is not up to Joomlart standards.
    It may be well designed – that’s what we have started to expect from Joomlart, but the look and feel is really cheap. A menu like the one in the upper right cormer you can only use on a website for children. Nothing wrong with that, but that’s not what I am looking for here.

So please guys – it was a nice effort – but, please, please!
    I joined Joomlart because your templates are usable for other sites then game portals.
    I have been more then happy with what you have produced so far. Some templates are really outstanding.

cchandler2423 Friend

The menu is for children? I respectfully disagree, and I’m by no means a Joomlart cheerleader.

Also, you can use any icons you want to in the Icon menu, just resize and upload.

For example, if your website was dedicated to Insects..you could have every icon be a different insect and get the same effect.:)

wiebedewolf JATC

OK – may be you’re right about this.
    It was for the sake of argument – a small provocation.
    It’s only I hate to see Joomlart go the wrong way. There are already too many Joomla templates you can only use with sunglasses on. I don’t think they should try to find it in flashy menu’s.
    The previous templates were all very usable. This one isn’t – by my standards.

Michael Casha Friend

Well, I would like to firstly say that you have every right to your own opinion, but I do need to point one thing out and that’s that whilst you may not like this template, a lot of others do. And I’m guessing some templates you do not like others will. We’ve made templates to try and fit everyone’s needs and likes.

ShannonN Friend

MiCCAS;10998Well, I would like to firstly say that you have every right to your own opinion, but I do need to point one thing out and that’s that whilst you may not like this template, a lot of others do. And I’m guessing some templates you do not like others will. We’ve made templates to try and fit everyone’s needs and likes.

I am in two minds about this template I like it and I hate it, there are nice features such as the iconmenu, I have no probs with it as long as there are not 20 icons 🙂 The rest can be a clean looking site but some elements are a bit unusual such as the herringbone type background in some places.

I find web design a very visual medium, I see a lot of ppl here really destroying good functioning templates trying to achieve purposes (looks) for which they really are not suitable. Whether this is an attempt at wow factor, ascetics or functionality I’m not sure.

Others specifically wish list for a particular template to fit their upcoming job so they don’t have to recode and modify to the point, the template looks little like it should or breaks too easily. I can relate to this.

Speaking for myself only, I acknowledge the JA guys have skills and knowledge of CSS, template design and artistic elements that I am incapable of, that’s the reason I buy the templates.

I’d rather see more requests for more functional, specific application templates and be safe in the knowledge that I really don’t have to change a lot to achieve at least the basic theme etc, than be frustrated at 20 hrs spent trying to adapt something not suited to what I want.
    I hope more ppl here agree with that statement than disagree 🙂

We will always be governed by visual appeal before functionality as that’s what the client usually demands. I have seen great crisp sites ruined by clients requirements to “must have a little dog running up and down cause it’s cute” type mentally 🙂

Guess what I’m saying is it’s so much an individual thing, templates and design, I guess it’s the CONTENT that SHOULD be the most important thing about a web site and are a lot of us (me included) getting carried away with presentation, wow factors etc in an attempt to outdo rivals, bragging rights etc ?

My 2 cents worth
    ShannonN

ShannonN Friend

cchandler2423;10988The menu is for children? I respectfully disagree, and I’m by no means a Joomlart cheerleader.

What! You mean that picture of you with the Pom Poms on page 114 of the JA High yearbook wasn’t you , Chad ? 😀

ShannonN Friend

wiebedewolf;10986Feel compelled to write another review.
    Too many overenthusiastic reactions. I beg to differ.

Get real guys – this is not up to Joomlart standards.
    It may be well designed – that’s what we have started to expect from Joomlart, but the look and feel is really cheap. A menu like the one in the upper right cormer you can only use on a website for children. Nothing wrong with that, but that’s not what I am looking for here.

So please guys – it was a nice effort – but, please, please!
    I joined Joomlart because your templates are usable for other sites then game portals.
    I have been more then happy with what you have produced so far. Some templates are really outstanding.

One rockettheme is more then enough.

I hear what you’re saying but I get confused, Let me explain.

You are critical, say it’s not up to JA standards?

1. But praise it as well designed?
    2. It meets the expectations of what you expect from a JA template?
    3. Your only complaint is the ‘cartoonish’ top menu, but in some applications you agree that menu is very suitable?

You mention it’s not what you’re looking for here, So I ask with 25 other templates to choose from that may suit your needs, is this template essential to your web business survival, like it’s not as if it’s the only one available or in your kit to use.

If it’s not suitable use another that is? Do you suggest that you have enough work/clients that you must use every template that is available? If so, I assume that your need, is for a new look, theme etc every month to satisy your commitments to clients? ( If I had 26 clients I’d be rich & happy 🙂

I hope you understand this is not a personal attack or anything, I just don’t see the point of a minor criticism re a non essential menu

ShannonN

solsikkehaven Friend

<blockquote>It was for the sake of argument – a small provocation.</blockquote>

let’s not have discussions for the sake of ….discussions…..

I think (I’m guessing here) – that JA Utahia is the most downloaded JA template already. I use the template on my main company site ( http://solsikkehaven.dk ) and I really doesn’t think that looks like a site for children.

What is interesting about Joomlart.com template club, is that the guys from JA very clearly says that they want to make templates for all, so that sometimes it’s a strictly business template, sometimes (maybe next time or next time gain) a news portal template, we just had a template that was realeased and the released again as another template, this time with virtuemart integration and the list continues. With 2 templates every month I’m sure everyone can find a temlate they can use.

But there’s always place for improvement. Everyone can ask for (request, suggest) a new template. If JA agrees, well – maybe that will be the next template of the month…That I really like – hey, maybe I should also put in a request or two 🙂

Just my 2 cents….Now…..off to work 🙁
    (last working day before vacation – going to turkey) ….

ErikThorsen Friend

Whilst some of us are stuck at work, it is nice to see others making so much money that can just wander off to Turkey whenever they feel the pressure from work 🙂 :p ( just kidding in case you thought I was serious )

I do feel that this template doesn’t fit any of my needs but it is still a great template. Different people have different opinions and that is the way things work. That also makes room for improvements, requests and changes. So keep commenting, don’t feel discouraged by other people’s opinions or criticism.

I just hope that we can see a news/portal type of template next.

As with ShannonN, I think content is more important than the “site” itself, so hopefully we can see templates focusing on new additional features with content in the focus! ( though I kind of like the top menu myself, I am not sure what to use it for.. )

Soon a new template will be released. Will it fit my wet dreams? Time will tell…

ShannonN Friend

ErikThorsen;11036Whilst some of us are stuck at work, it is nice to see others making so much money that can just wander off to Turkey whenever they feel the pressure from work 🙂 :p ( just kidding in case you thought I was serious )

I do feel that this template doesn’t fit any of my needs but it is still a great template. Different people have different opinions and that is the way things work. That also makes room for improvements, requests and changes. So keep commenting, don’t feel discouraged by other people’s opinions or criticism.

I just hope that we can see a news/portal type of template next.

As with ShannonN, I think content is more important than the “site” itself, so hopefully we can see templates focusing on new additional features with content in the focus! ( though I kind of like the top menu myself, I am not sure what to use it for.. )

Soon a new template will be released. Will it fit my wet dreams? Time will tell…

Guess we should declare that the ‘Member of the Month likes news/portal templates, I’m thinking you’re preferences may carry some weight now :p

ErikThorsen Friend

Yes, I guess so. Hope it is not too late though!

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 11054 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, I guess so. Hope it is not too late though!</blockquote>
    It will be the second template of April or the first of May Erik. The coming template has been now in production. In the mean time, JA Team will try to brainstorming the layout concept for the requested News/Portal template

ErikThorsen Friend

We are getting a bit off topic I notice but still: GREAT!!!! Looking forward to that. Second in April would be good to me!

wolfemann Friend

Even though this has been answered, reanswered, etc…

I feel obligated to reply to this post.

The first thing I did after installing this template was to disable the icon menu. I found it’s operation glitchy and, frankly, amateurish.

That said…

This template is why I recently joined and purchased a 1-yr membership to Joomlart.

I have a client who requires a very feature-rich site with a professional, corporate look. For once I just don’t have the time (or the expertise — and they don’t have the budget) to code everything myself. So I’m learning Joomla! (and the most counter-intuitive UI I’ve ever seen). I further decided that, although I could produce all the graphics I need and edit and CSS sheets to gain the look I was after, I wouldn’t have the additional time to learn to make my own Joomla! templates without a framework to start with.

So I spent 3 days researching every site on the Web I could find that sold (the free ones mostly stink) Joomla templates.

Hands down this site had more excellent quality REAL WORLD DESIGNS than any other.
    This design, is elegant, and professional.

I may, or may not, use another template from Joomlart. My clients don’t usually need websites like these and I can handle most php/MySQL coding myself. I may put one on my test-site just because the designs are so great. However, even if I don’t use another template I think the price I’ve paid well worth it for an excellently designed, clearly commented and well-coded template and access to aid in implementation in the forums.

Good work, great design too.

Hung Dinh Friend

It is always nice to hear such word Wolfemann 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum