Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Joomlart,

I’m having problems with a 1.5.26 site based on the JA Mageia template. PHP is 5.2.17

Everything was working fine. All site pages were loading correctly.
    I had the site setup to use the .html suffixes in the URL. I decided not to use them so I turned them off by disabling the “Add suffix to URLs” parameter in the global configuration panel. I also turned off “SEF” urls and the use Mod_rewrite setting, and renamed htaccess to .htaccess.txt.

Suddenly the site wouldn’t load the bottom part of any page. The only thing that loads is the top navigation menu.

I then undid everything I changed and set everything back to the way it was before, including renaming htaccess.txt to .htaccess, but the problem did not go away.

I’m wondering if it has something to do with the way that JA Mageia is programmed to load different masthead images according to the nav menu? Anyway, when I look at the source code, everything past the nav menu code is not loaded.

Note there are two versions of the template, one for the Home page and one for everything else (default).

Any help offered is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    railer

railer Friend

Here are two error messages in my error_log file:

[07-Dec-2012 12:19:05] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getItem() on a non-object in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/templates/ja_mageia/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 137

[07-Dec-2012 12:22:02] PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for JMenu::getInstance(), called in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/templates/ja_mageia/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 136 and defined in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 82

Ninja Lead Moderator

Could you describle steps by steps of what you’ve take so far so that I can reproduce the same error in your site.

I’ve changed .htaccess file in your site and Bottom page is loading now.

I also tried to change option “Add suffix to URLs” in SEO Settings but nothing change.

railer Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 350032 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you describle steps by steps of what you’ve take so far so that I can reproduce the same error in your site.

I’ve changed .htaccess file in your site and Bottom page is loading now.

I also tried to change option “Add suffix to URLs” in SEO Settings but nothing change.</blockquote>

Hi Ninja Lead — hey, thanks, that’s encouraging. The rest of the pages now load correctly on the inner pages — which all run on the default template. Only the Home page — which runs on different assigned version of JA Mageia — still has the page load problem.

What did you do to the htaccess file? Is that just a default version of the Joomla 1.5.x htaccess file? If so, could the remaining problem be with the assigned Home page template?

As for the original cause, I mentioned above in my first post that what caused the problem was disabling the “Add suffix to URL” parameter in Global Configuration/Site/SEO Settings.

Then I tried disabling all of the SEO settings and disabling htaccess. After re-enabling everything the problem remained.

My guess is that some of the 301 Redirects I created in my customized htacess file to redirect users looking for old pages which just by coincidence had some of the current page URLs (but with anchors as well as suffixes) may have caused the problem. But in my last test, I commented them out to see if it would change things, and for me, it did not. I don’t know why it worked for your htaccess file, but thanks.

If you can help me get the Home page to work, that would be great!
    Please leave the “Add suffix to URL” disabled, as you currently have it set.

Btw, please note that on the Home page, the last menu item in the navigation menu — Contact Us — is missing. Whereas in the inside pages it displays. I wonder why that is?

Awaiting your update.

Railer

Below are the current errors in the Joomla error_log file. Looks like it pertains to the menu on the Home page template:

[11-Dec-2012 08:41:45] PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for JMenu::getInstance(), called in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/templates/site-home/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 136 and defined in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 82
    [11-Dec-2012 08:41:45] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: client in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 90
    [11-Dec-2012 08:41:45] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: client in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 93
    [11-Dec-2012 08:41:45] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 95
    [11-Dec-2012 08:41:45] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getItem() on a non-object in /home/username/public_html/site_directory/templates/site-home/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 137

NOTE: I’ve changed the paths slightly to make them generic for security.

railer Friend

Hi Ninja Lead — I think this last menu issue has to do with the way JA Mageia has extra programming related to the nav menu items and the assignment of page header images to menu items.

I’m doing some work on modifying the code in the template index.php file — adding extra header image code so each menu item has a related header image for it. Please stand by.

Railer

railer Friend

UPDATE:

Okay, there were two reasons why the Home page template was breaking:

1. The second to the last menu item was an alias to a menulink. Don’t know why this would break it, but it did. This was an “About Us” section. The parent menu is “About Us” and the first child is an “About Us” menulink alias just in case the visitor didn’t click the About Us parent. I’ve remade it as an Article Layout link.

2. Because there was a module in the top right corner which was too wide. I’ve duplicated the css style called “#toprtbox” and renamed it “toprtboxhome” since it only applies to the assigned home page template, and then I changed the div width from 26% to 10% and now the last menu item works properly.

Thanks Ninja Lead for solving the page load on inside pages, which helped me to focus on the Home page template as well as menu issues. Hooray! Site works, problems solved!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Great, good job

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum