Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Currently when I type something into the search located at the top of the page the results come back under the ja-news-frontpage module which seems to remain no matter where I do any search on the site.

So my question is – is there a way to use the search and NOT have the ja-news-frontpage show when the results come back?

Any help much appreciated because at the moment when you do a search it looks like there are no results unless you scroll down under the ja-news-frontpage module?

zipper Friend

I thought i was the only one that had this problem, i mentioned it somewhere before.

jamjodesign Friend

Well let me join ranks with you on this!! 🙂 any solution out there?

scotty Friend

This is a flaw with Joomla that sets the Search results page the same as the Frontpage so therefore the same modules will show on both. I’ve found a fix though, courtesy of smalcolm at joomla.org.

Extract this zip 5863 and paste it into your modules folder overwritting your search module. Now open /templates/ja_teline_iii/html/mod_search/default.php and add the following just before the </form> tag at the very end of the file.

[php] <input type=”hidden” name=”Itemid” value=”<?php echo $set_Itemid; ?>” />[/php]Now open your search module and you will see a new option in the parameters for ItemID. It will be set to 1 (Your frontpage) but you can now assign it to a ItemID (menu Item) of your choice.

You can also create a new menu item of the type ‘search’ and take the ID from that and place it in your Search Modules ID option. Then assign which modules you want to display for this new menu item. If you then want, you can unpublish the Search menu item.

1. mod_search.zip
    zipper Friend

Wonderfull, works like a charm!

mayke Friend

<em>@scotty 145224 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is a flaw with Joomla that sets the Search results page the same as the Frontpage so therefore the same modules will show on both. I’ve found a fix though, courtesy of smalcolm at joomla.org.

Extract this zip 5863 and paste it into your modules folder overwritting your search module. Now open /templates/ja_teline_iii/html/mod_search/default.php and add the following just before the </form> tag at the very end of the file.

[php] <input type=”hidden” name=”Itemid” value=”<?php echo $set_Itemid; ?>” />[/php]Now open your search module and you will see a new option in the parameters for ItemID. It will be set to 1 (Your frontpage) but you can now assign it to a ItemID (menu Item) of your choice.

You can also create a new menu item of the type ‘search’ and take the ID from that and place it in your Search Modules ID option. Then assign which modules you want to display for this new menu item. If you then want, you can unpublish the Search menu item.</blockquote>

Thanks for this tip,
    But there is another problems, just notice when I want to add NEW modules for search from Modules Manager, mod_search is listed twice, so there is 2 the same module ‘SEARCH’ listed?
    How to make it this mod_search just listed one as before? Is this ok?

Thanks.

actu9 Friend

I try this but it doesn’t solve my issue… and it creates one more: this text is appearing on the top of the Search results
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/actu9/public_html/components/com_weblinks/helpers/route.php on line 139
    Is the fact I use Joomla 1.6 the reason of that?

Saguaros Moderator

as your message, it is issue from the joomla core.
    So we will have to make a quick fix for this
    1) you open the file: components/com_weblinks/helpers/route.php
    2) and find:
    [PHP]
    foreach ($items as $item)[/PHP]

replace by:
    [PHP]
    $items = is_array($items) ? $items:array();
    foreach ($items as $item)
    [/PHP]

actu9 Friend

Thanks tienhc, it removed the Warning message. But I still have (on the frontpage only) the search results under all the content of the frontpage. Any idea?
    Have a good day!

Saguaros Moderator

hmm, can you please provide me the administrator account and the link to your site via your ticket ID ESI-260-41550

Then let me check

actu9 Friend

Thanks scotty and tienhc, it works now 🙂

norito Friend

I have the same problem. I am using J1.7 and telineIV.

Please tell me what to do step by step. I am right now at a loss.

Norito, Yokohama, Japan

norito Friend

Thank you and thank you!

At last, I have solved the search result issue with the below information on J1.7.

Just for other people sake, I jot it down the step on J1.7 site using Teline IV.

1. Go to Menu and create a new menu ‘Search’ selecting ‘List Search Results’. Copy Menu ID.
    2. Go to Search module and look Basic Options. There is Set ItemID. Input Search Menu ID

That is all.

<em>@scotty 145224 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is a flaw with Joomla that sets the Search results page the same as the Frontpage so therefore the same modules will show on both. I’ve found a fix though, courtesy of smalcolm at joomla.org.

You can also create a new menu item of the type ‘search’ and take the ID from that and place it in your Search Modules ID option. Then assign which modules you want to display for this new menu item. If you then want, you can unpublish the Search menu item.</blockquote>

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  norito 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum