Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

When I add products to cart and start checkout the Big image on the Slideshow is always present. How can I have a cart working without the giant front page image always showing? I’m sure this must be a very easy thing but I cannot figure how to do it. Thanks

swissa Friend

The first thing to check would be that the Slideshow module is published only on the homepage (from Module manager)

Otherwise, here is a post that cured the problem for some.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showt…Home-Page-View

If that doesn’t solve it you can always use page overrides to ensure that the slideshow only shows up on the first page.

Before you go into too much work Joomlart will be updating their

templates

– timely as Joomshoppng has updated to v3.4.2. You may want to wait until then.

🙂

Tony Silveira Friend

Thank you for your answer. The module is set to show only on the Front Page. I just built the site from the quick install files so all was pre-configured. I think that my issue has to do with Joomfish. The site is French/English and the cart controler is messing up things. I’ve read a few threads that didn’t solve my issue but I will keep trying. I already tried to have a menu with the store at top level. The store shows without the Slideshow but as soon as I start adding to the cart I go back to Home page with my giant pictures showing above the cart.

swissa Friend

I take it then that you are using Joomla 1.5 as you are using Joomfish.

If it is a fresh install you might consider upgrading to J1.7 as both the template and JoomShopping are both multilingual.

Failing that you can do it via layouts, profiles and page assignments in the template manager.

TomC Moderator

Just out of curiosity . . . was this issue occurring before you integrated JoomFish?

Another way to investigate/research this issue is to try using our DEMO BUILDER as an investigative/learning tool to try to see where the error may have started in your site development process.

Just a trial-and-error process suggestion.

😎

Tony Silveira Friend

I really don’t know when it started. The site is under construction at http://cjyc.netgifted.com/
    This is a very simple cart with just 4 products (tickets). I am still working on product descriptions. Yesterday it was working fine but as I fine tunned the shop configuration something must have caused it and I really have no way of knowing what step may have bugged things. I will keep trying to solve this annoyance and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks a lot

TomC Moderator

<em>@powertowin 298592 wrote:</em><blockquote> I will keep trying to solve this annoyance and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks a lot</blockquote>
    Well, as I mentioned above . . .

Another way to investigate/research this issue is to try using our DEMO BUILDER as an investigative/learning tool to try to see where the error may have started in your site development process.
    swissa Friend

<em>@powertowin 298592 wrote:</em><blockquote>I really don’t know when it started. The site is under construction at http://cjyc.netgifted.com/
    This is a very simple cart with just 4 products (tickets). I am still working on product descriptions. Yesterday it was working fine but as I fine tunned the shop configuration something must have caused it and I really have no way of knowing what step may have bugged things. I will keep trying to solve this annoyance and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks a lot</blockquote>

You’re welcome. I’ve been there myself. (Let us hope when updates come that they resolve any issues because it is a beautiful template. I’m confident they will be. 🙂 )

I am becoming convinced that this is some sort of caching issue with either Tiris or JS. Your site is fine for me on the tickets page in Safari, Camino and Chrome. On a single ticket page on Chrome the problem occurs; in Camino and Safari, not. Same holds true for the cart page so it seems only to effect Chrome.

I can only suggest making sure that the JAT3 cache is cleared, that you have purged the cache in Joomla and cleared the cache in your browser. It has cured the problem for other people so fingers crossed it does for you.

If you have any other questions just shout. I can’t promise to be of any use though! 😀

Best of luck!

Tony Silveira Friend

I am really frustrated with this template. The slideshow sticks there in almost every page and I and I don’t know what to do. I tried to replace the Home Page by a simple articles page and used modules to display my products but the problem is persistent. At this point I believe the bug has to do with the slideshow module. How come the cart calls the slideshow to show up in pages that it’s not supposed to be?

Tony Silveira Friend

I cleaned all the caches and tried different machines and different browsers with the same result. I guess I will have to sleep on it and try to fix this tomorrow, after 5 hours I just feel like punching my macbook, lol

swissa Friend

<em>@powertowin 298643 wrote:</em><blockquote>I cleaned all the caches and tried different machines and different browsers with the same result. I guess I will have to sleep on it and try to fix this tomorrow, after 5 hours I just feel like punching my macbook, lol</blockquote>

In Template manager, pick the Tiris template. Click on “Layouts”. Clone the default layout and call it slideshow. Now click on Edit.

Delete this line

<block name="slideshow" main-inner="2">slideshow,sidenews</block>

Save and then save at the top of the page.

Click on “Profiles”. Click new. Call it slideshow.

Scroll down to layout options and make sure that Desktop Layout is chosen as slideshow. Assign this profile on the left hand side to all pages except home. This will mean that home picks up the profile with a slideshow block in it and the other pages will not. It doesn’t exist for that profile.

If you have two languages already assigned then you’ll need to create a profile for each one and assign the pages as above for each language leaving the home page on their original profiles. Save, clear JAT3 cache and check it.

The slideshow should never appear again on the other pages. Relax, have a beer and click on thanks! 😀

I hope this helps everyone in the thread!

🙂

rud0lph Friend

Hi Swissa,

Just saw this message. Today, I posted a new thread regarding this issue, before Isaw this message. So, I’ve updated the profile all the pages (minus home page) reside in by removing the code you mentioned but still no fix. The details page still opens on the home page under the slideshow. I’ve cleaned system cache, T3 cache, opened site in Safari, Firefox and Chrome, but still no fix. Very frustrating!

swissa Friend

rud0lph,

Do feel free to either say Thank you or click on the Thanks button if any of my posts have helped you so far.

Would you like to post the url of the site or PM me with it.

swissa

filomena78 Friend

Hi,
    I have the same problem: slideshow and sidenews modules are always visible in every pages and not just in homepage as I set.
    Any solution?
    Thanks 🙂

swissa Friend

<em>@filomena78 299804 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    I have the same problem: slideshow and sidenews modules are always visible in every pages and not just in homepage as I set.
    Any solution?

Hi filomena78

Have you tried this solution I posted upthread?

<blockquote>

In Template manager, pick the Tiris template. Click on “Layouts”. Clone the default layout and call it slideshow. Now click on Edit.

Delete this line

<block name="slideshow" main-inner="2">slideshow,sidenews</block>

Save and then save at the top of the page.

Click on “Profiles”. Click new. Call it slideshow.

Scroll down to layout options and make sure that Desktop Layout is chosen as slideshow. Assign this profile on the left hand side to all pages except home. This will mean that home picks up the profile with a slideshow block in it and the other pages will not. It doesn’t exist for that profile.

If you have two languages already assigned then you’ll need to create a profile for each one and assign the pages as above for each language leaving the home page on their original profiles. Save, clear JAT3 cache and check it.

</blockquote>

See if that works. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum