Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello guys, I am working with the DIRECTOYU template and I am trying to get the main category organize in a specific order, but, on the module menu there is not way for me to move it the way I need. how an I change the organization of the main categories?

the link is: http://myogcoffee.biz/cuidatnew/
    please let me know as soon as You can how i can make this change
    thanks in advance

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Could you send me screenshot highlighting that main category and which order you prefer?

fsuema Friend

Hello guys. I am adding the screenshot here but the final order may change depending on customer need. So Please explain to me how to make this changes so i can do it for my client.

Please help on this ASAP.

Frank Suero

1. Screen-Shot-2016-04-14-at-8.54.17-AM
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Frank,

That part belongs to K2 Tools module which uses a custom code to display K2 categories. It means that there is no option to change the order via module settings. Here is my suggestion:

• Go to file: ROOT/templates/ja_directory/html/mod_k2_tools/customcategories.php
    • Look for switch function and change like this:

switch ($params->get('categoriesListOrdering'))
      {

case 'alpha' :
          $orderby = 'name';
          break;

case 'ralpha' :
          $orderby = 'name DESC';
          break;

case 'order' :
          //$orderby = 'ordering';
          $orderby = 'id ASC';
          break;

case 'reversedefault' :
          $orderby = 'id DESC';
          break;

default :
          $orderby = 'ordering';
          break;
      }

With this way, it will take the ordering of K2 categories in K2 category list under K2 component.

• After that you go to K2 component > Categories > then change order of category as you wish.
    fsuema Friend

Hello guys. Thank You so much for the tree help. Now I need you to help me telling me where I can change the name of the mobile version of the site for the main menu. On devices it shows saying SIDEBAR. I need to change this. Where can i make this change to something else? I have eben looking in several files like html and css but not find it yet.

Please help here.

I ama dina a screen shot of this so you can see where it is that i need to change it.

1. Screen-Shot-2016-04-27-at-4.17.13-PM
    Saguaros Moderator

You can find the text in the file: ROOT/templates/ja_directory/tpls/blocks/off-canvas.php

In case, you want to change the text for multilingual, you can open above ‘off-canvas.php’ file and change:

<h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title">Sidebar</h2>

to:

<h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_SIDEBAR'); ?></h2>

Then open the language file in language you wish to change the text, for example, with English: ROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_directory.ini

then add this text field:

TPL_SIDEBAR ="Your text here"

FYI: please create a new topic for your new question, it will be helpful for community if other has same issue.

fsuema Friend

Thank you so much for your help. Problem fixed. also Please make this stuff public on a PDF or something like it. will help a lot.

Saguaros Moderator

You’re welcome.

I will also pass to the team to update into template.

Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum