Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am interested in the S3 storage extension. I would like to know if it is possible to upload large files (like a pdf) directly to the s3 site without the file ever being stored on the local server. I have a site that requires more storage than their hosting can accommodate. The video presentation looked like it mirrored or copied the files from the local server to the s3 cloud. This would not work for this instance.

Thank you.

adela01 Friend

Who can see this question on your next reply, sorry I was not very clear

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hi guys,

The S3 fox (Firefox addon) is might helpful for you in this case. It is used to directly upload files to S3 server.
    But if you want to use S3 files for your site, you must manually copy links of them and paste to your site.

alpenworks Friend

Thanks Thanhnv,

I think some information I found on the joomla extensions directory answered my question: “You can even update / delete / upload a single file. No need to upload the whole content all the time.”

What I want to do is add a single pdf or mp3 and then copy/paste the url into docman. I didn’t want the end user to have to leave the joomla interface. It sounds like the JA component will do this. Am I assuming correctly?

Thanks

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hi friend.
    Yes, you can upload single file or folder at once (not whole site).
    You also can create a profile for each uploading scenario.

After uploading is completed, on “S3 File manager” viewport, you can manage your files on s3 server, and copy their distribution links and use to anywhere.

Hope it helpful for you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum