Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

this kind of thread I´ve started on 15th October 2009. Please check following link:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/different-search-module/

You told me there on 16th October 2009 to send you the link of my live-site and the admin-datas per PM. That did I on the same day. And then you marked the thread as “Answered”.

But NOTHING happend. Till now you had not logged in to our live-site. Till now you gave me no answer, no solution.

Please be so kind and help me as you´ve promissed.

Regards
    Hendrik

Schwoelm Friend

ok,

I am now waiting since 15.10.09 for an answer, support, help.

You don´t want answer… you don´t want support… you don´t want help.

And I don´t want renew in november my 3 years membership for a 4th year (was thinking about developer-membership – forget it).

Good Bye JoomlArt

kalibs112 Friend

think I’ve worked out how to do this, if anyone is interested.

This assumes that you’ve already shifted the search module into the mega-item position by following Scotty’s instructions (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-place-a-full-banner-in-the-header-area/).

Disable any banner module that you’ve assigned to the search position (see link above). If the search position is empty, it seems to disappear or not to load, thereby clearing the way for a full-width logo gif.

Go to Extensions/Template Manager/JA_Teline_III and in the basic settings on the right select Image under Logo Type and save the changes.

Create a 950px x 62px image. The template is 980px wide (I think) but the container div surrounding the logo has 15px padding left and right. Save it as logo.gif and replace the default Teline 3 logo.gif in Templates/ja_teline_iii/images. I renamed the original logo.gif instead of overwriting it, just in case I needed it again.

Open your template.css file and find these at about line 850:

h1.logo {
    width: 265px;
    height: 62px;
    margin: 0;
    }

h1.logo a {
    width: 265px;
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.gif) no-repeat left;
    }

Change them to this:

h1.logo {
    width: 950px; /* was 265px*/
    margin: 0;
    }

h1.logo a {
    width: 950px; /* was 265px*/
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.gif) no-repeat left;
    }

I’m not sure if this is the way it should be done, but it worked for me

Nick

Schwoelm Friend

Hi kalibs,

you are wrong in this thread with your post…

My question was: I want to put the search-module from Rockettheme (called rokajaxsearch) instead of the JA search-module into the search-position of Teline III. But the module of Rockettheme don´t work in Teline III. But it works in EVERY other template from JoomlArt. So it seems, that it is a conflict in Teline III with this module from Rockettheme.

And I was waiting now 6 days for an answer. Only one answer I´ve got from “JA Developer”, that I have to send him the live-site url and the admin-datas for my site. I did this on the same day (five days ago)… and nothing happend. No login in my site, no answer per PM, no answer in forum…

It isn´t the first time, that I look in this forum and see, how often customers get angry about the “support” of JA. I don´t get angry anymore… I only change the template-developers. That´s what customers are doing, when they are handled like stupid, paying customers…;)

Hendrik

TAnne Mills Friend

Perhaps post your URL so that other JA members can see the problem and try to help?

SHoggard Friend

I’m using rokajaxsearch search – it seems to work ok in the mega-mod (top) position as Scotty suggests – maybe try using it in that position.

But, you’re right about the lack of support here! It seems that they have a 4 week window to get things right, after which they move on to putting out fires in the next template!

Our fault I suppose, for helping them de-bug a half finished project. It’s a bit like buying a Mercedes and asking them to fix the airconditioning button or change the tyres when the manufacturer has got your membership money and really doesn’t seem to care.

I joined back in 2007 when we DID have service

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SHoggard 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum