Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am hoping that someone wouldn’t mind taking me by the hand and walking me through this as this is the first time I’ve had the need to do something like this…

I’ve got the site looking like I want it EXCEPT for the homepage… The homepage only needs to look like the attached image… Any thoughts on the best way to achieve this?

http://www.jacobtittlechairmaker.com/index.php

thank you for any help,
    -Matthew

1. Home-Page-copy
    tfosnom Friend

Hi Matthew
    I have used your chair image from your post here to make into a graphic menu. unzip the attached – use the attached chair.htm to load the images, the hotspots have been applied as well as the alt text. Basically just click on your text
    Keep the images in the supplied images folder and call the chair htm as your first page.

See it in action here http://www.monsoftwebdesign.net/chairtest/chair.htm
    Hope this suits
    Shane

soggybottommedia Friend

Hello Shane,

This is awesome. I really appreciate you and your time and effort.

I want to tell you that yes, this will work for me, but, here’s the deal.

I anticipate this site adding sub-menus in the near future, and I need to have the text-transform ‘uppercase’ happening on the verticle menu like on the horizontal menus… I apologize for not doing a better job of explaining the constraints I’m working with…

pixelzombie was showing on another thread how to display the mega-menu vertical, then he went on to show how to display the mega-menu vertical on only certain pages… (which is awesome in every way) but with my current level of experience, I’m in over my head to get it there on my own I’m thinking… I feel like I’m close, but I don’t have the new profile actually displaying the menu vertical…

Any more or other thoughts or advice? I really was hoping to tell my client that we got it as this was the one thing that they really wanted in their site…

Again, I really appreciate all the help,
    -Matthew

tfosnom Friend

Hi Mathew

PM me your email addy so I can communicate offline, go back to the vertical menu thread I’ve replied there with a working example of vertical third party menu you may like.

I can show you ( in video form ) how I made the image map and over a few lessons train you to add menu items and rollovers ( for Uppercase) and flyouts. it’s time comsuming but has the advantage of what the customer wants rather than a left or right side locked vertical menu.

Given the amount of space on such a page we could add submenus to the main without flyouts if its not too many by replicating the menu panel with a 5 link max and stepping the images down by the height of one link?

Depends on how many menu items you need? another idea is have a series of smaller (different?) chairs each next to an appropriate (sub) menu ?

Blessings Shane

soggybottommedia Friend

Thank you Shane,

I’ll pm you…

Does anyone else have any advice or thoughts about how I might best be able to pull this off? I’m not concerned with the work involved, it’s the not knowing how I should proceed that is the hard part… I am happy to choose a different template and start over if Puresite is the ‘problem’. I just don’t know, and I really need to make some headway on this thing. I’d like to try to keep it all in JA in regards to third party add-ons, but if that’s the only way I guess I’ll consider it.

Thank you JA,
    -Matthew

soggybottommedia Friend

Any advice at all on this?

-Matthew

cdboutique Friend

I know you can assign a new template to the homepage. I’m currently looking for a similar answer too, so I can’t give you any tips right now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdboutique 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum