Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

First of all let me say congratulations on a fantastic template, Im enjoying the quality templates you guys at joomlart are offering the world.

I have a 2 part question-

1) I would like to have 2 different image configurations for the Ja_news section. Im trying to have one custom size that would only show up on the home page and a different (default) size for the same postion on all of the other pages. If you notice on the site, the home image is showing the correct size, but it has adversely affected the images under the other sections…
    Is it possible to do this?

2) With the quick start install, for some reason the images for the Hot Topics are not showing up? Any idea as to why?

Thanks in advance!

funkmanusa Friend

Oops, one more thing…:D

How do I change the width of the text entitiled “Welcome to the Huntsville Alabama Real Estate Guide” under the home image in ja_new_fp?

Thanks again!

funkmanusa Friend

Can anyone help me?

TomC Moderator

Not 100% sure of the issue you are describing. The JA News module creates a thumbnail of the article image you are using on the Home Page (for example, the image of the elephants in the “From Bears to Birds” article. When I click on that link and I am taken to the full article, the image is larger. Is that not the effect you were going for? (perhaps I’m misunderstanding).

By the way, I like the direction you’re going with your site. As a bit of constructive criticism . . . while I very much like the site logo you’ve created, the reflection effect seems to bleed into the top navigation menu below it. As such, it becomes a but distracting. Don’t get me wrong, I like the reflection effect and it looks nice with the colors in your logo. Perhaps you might consider increasing the height of your header section by an additional 10 pixels or such to both take advantage of the reflection effect while not having it bleed over the top navigation.

Nice work so far !!!

funkmanusa Friend

Thanks so much for the compliments….I will certainly look at the logo and play around with it, I also thought it crowds the menu navigation a little.

The image im trying to have one size on the home page would be the large banner with the two folks in front of the house on the home page. Ultimately, it would be a short flash movie…

When I increased the size of the image through the mod_janews_fp module, it adversely affected the images for the featured (top) articles on the other pages. Go to the “world” link and look at the main image in the same place as would be the house on the home page.( Notice how its stretched that image instead of the default size.)

Im trying to have it display this one wider image on the home page only and all of the other sections and catagories on the pages top image would be default JA Teline II size.

Hope this makes sense.

Im thinking maybe Id have to create a copy of the mod_janews_fp module and then create a specific layout style for just the home page and seperate them out…but so far its not working.

Thanks again and I appreciate your interest in Helping.
    This is driving me nuts.

funkmanusa Friend

Nevermind, I got a work around to work using the copied mod_janews_fp module method.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  funkmanusa 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum