Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Thanks for T3, very usefull tool !

Can you tell me the best way to do this ?
    I want to have different backroundcolor to each mainmeny item.

Tried to do copies of the template, one for each color, to much work..

And I tried to copy themes, it didnt work properly either because the plugin did alot of strange things with the meny color.

Tried to copy the hole defaultfolder from basethemes in plugins to local themes, it also differensies in how the mainmenys marigins showed up and more..

What Im I doing wrong ? Watched the youtube movies several times…
    My testsite: http://verksamhet.framweb.info/

Regards, Gubben

korb Friend

You can learn to make use of the additional class feature of MegaMenu.

Here an example:
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Navigation#Additional_styling_class

Regards,
    Danny

gubben Friend

Thanks for a quick answer, but it doesnt help me. In the text you refered to it says:
    “this parameter applies to Mega Menu only.”

I want the backgroundcolor of the hole homepage, body to change.

splico123 Friend

I dont get exactly what you are trying to do but from my understanding you want each menu item to have different look in simple terms? Well i think it is easiest to do if you assign different color of template in administration and to make different colors all you do is copy template there and change css in custom folder created in your template directory. Then just assign those custom templated to menu ID in backend.

If you want send me pm i can write you step by step instructions.

Regards

gubben Friend

I did that but it is a LOT work, after I copied them I have to go in the xml-file and rename every singel one. It makes the total amount of the homepage much heavier.
    And the worst, everytime I make a modification in the template design I have to go in to every one of the template copies and make the same change in css. Is this really an effective way to work ? It takes so much time and time is money.

I would like to know how the proffesionals work. I was really hoping that the suffix-metod would work but I cant find any examples on how to apply it on my case, just on meny, content and modulethings.

I tried so much to make this work but Im open to try some more and I think The system of Joomla should be able to modify easy to have an background that change color when I click on different menyitems.

thangnn1510 Friend

Dear Gubben!

If you could code by php, we suggest that you do some “hard code” to the content component to add classes for body tag. Each page will add one different class and use it to style. You should use querystring to help you in add classes for body tag of pages:

Exp: for menu “world” menu item, we have:

index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=13&Itemid=457

options, view, layout and id are different for each page and you could use them.

Hope this helps and good luck! 🙂

gubben Friend

So there is no solution ?

thangnn1510 Friend

<blockquote>Dear Gubben!

If you could code by php, we suggest that you do some “hard code” to the content component to add classes for body tag. Each page will add one different class and use it to style. You should use querystring to help you in add classes for body tag of pages:

Exp: for menu “world” menu item, we have:

index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=b log&id=13&Itemid=457

options, view, layout and id are different for each page and you could use them.

Hope this helps and good luck! </blockquote>This is a good solution! one would need php code knowledge to do it. Since, this will need customization of code, you can try your luck at http://www.Joomlancer.com.

Regards!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  thangnn1510 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum