Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

If I just want to do a site for one client, do I need to buy a developer license? The license is more than I would be charging the client 🙂 Can I just do the 3 month membership?

Hung Dinh Friend

As long as you develop the website for you client, you will need a developer license. However, you can try with the standard membership and register the domain in Member Area. With 3 months membership, you will can get 01 domain licensed

shackbase Friend

Basically if you get a 3 month membership you can pick from any of the (currently) 54 templates and the future additional 6 (3 months x 2) templates and use that on a single domain.

It does not make a difference if you develop for a client or use it for your own site; a developer license allows you to use the templates on an unlimited number of domains and thus good for a hosting company or web designer.

check out – http://www.joomlart.com/member/compare.php?view=popup for a comparison between the memberships.

I hope that helps,

–Tone

seriulian Friend

Hi,

But if I get the one year plan with 3 domains, and after 2 moths I need 2 more domains, what can I do? spend $ 200 for the 5 years plan?

cgc0202 Friend

Hi Hung,

Developer-based licensing

<em>@Hung Dinh 62209 wrote:</em><blockquote>As long as you develop the website for you client, you will need a developer license. </blockquote>

If you stick to this statement, then there are many regular members who are in clear violation of this policy. I recognize this problem and I created a new thread in the Feedback Forum. I hope you will respond to the post there

What are the limits of a Developer license? And the automated registration proposal
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/what-are-the-limits-of-a-developer-license-and-the-automated-registration-proposal/

so that members would know the comprehensive licensing policy.

Domain-based licensing

<em>@Hung Dinh 62209 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    However, you can try with the standard membership and register the domain in Member Area. With 3 months membership, you will can get 01 domain licensed</blockquote>

Hung, this policy is not consistent with your previous statement. It is still quite strict licensing policy but more liberal, i.e., not requiring a Developer license that your first statement on Developer license.

Essentially, based on this second statement, the licensing would be based on the number of domains where the Joomlart templates are installed — rather than who bought the license.

By your second statement here, if this becomes an official policy, it must be stated so in the license agreement.

Just to clarify your statement, when you state — “you can try” — does this mean that Joomlart shall exercise the possibility that you may reject a registered site?

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@seriulian 73470 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

But if I get the one year plan with 3 domains, and after 2 moths I need 2 more domains, what can I do? spend $ 200 for the 5 years plan?</blockquote>

Hi seriulian,

Why not try to become a member first, as suggested by Hung — a trial three months. Maybe he can upgrade your membership if Joomlart templates and services are what you really want.

If you do not want the ‘restricted licensing” of Joomlart there are other template companies that do not limit the number of sites where you can upload your templates.

However, as Hung indicated, technically, even in these other companies, it is expected that you register for a Developer license, if you are creating for other people. I can tell you now though that some members here are in violation of that policy.

Cornelio

mj1256 Friend

900 more credits and I get a one year developer license, anyone want to donate, I know some of you will never use your credits anyways

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum