Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have read several threads on this, and tried a few things, but nothing here addresses my specific problem.

I want my site to be a max of 916px wide in the desktop view. When I use .css in the custom.css file, it screws up the responsive views.

To make the site look right with my custom width and custom module position widths I have this in custom.css (currently commented out so mobile views work.)

.container {width: 916px;}
    .col-md-9 {width: 66%}
    .col-md-3 {width: 34%}

But when I have that active, and go into the mobile (responsive) views, the site is too wide on my phone and tablet, and the breaks do not happen like they are supposed to.

So if I have the above code active the desktop view looks right, but mobile is wrong. Inactive and mobile is right, but the desktop view is wrong.

Site URL – dev.dialysistech.net (add http:// to beginning of that domain.)

Thanks,
    Bill

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Bill,

If you already take a look at other threads, you will see that there are suggestions to change in LESS file for width of template. In case that you’re more familiar with CSS and want to apply above code to desktop view only, you can use media query to add css for specific screen resolution. Something like:

@media (min-width: 992px) {
    /* your custom code goes here */
    }

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Bill,

If you already take a look at other threads, you will see that there are suggestions to change in LESS file for width of template. In case that you’re more familiar with CSS and want to apply above code to desktop view only, you can use media query to add css for specific screen resolution. Something like:

}

billrust Friend

<em>@Saguaros 490188 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Bill,

}

</blockquote>

I had tried that, many ways, and it did not work. It either had no affect on the desktop view, or it conflicted with my other media queries. I ended up just removing all of the code and talked Client into having a wider site with a different image rotator.

Thanks,
    Bill

billrust Friend

<em>@Saguaros 490188 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Bill,

}

</blockquote>

I had tried that, many ways, and it did not work. It either had no affect on the desktop view, or it conflicted with my other media queries. I ended up just removing all of the code and talked Client into having a wider site with a different image rotator.

Thanks,
    Bill

Saguaros Moderator

Alright! and let me know if you need any further helps.

Have a nice day!!!

Saguaros Moderator

Alright! and let me know if you need any further helps.

Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum