Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am working on this brandnew template, which I really like, and now I am a bit stuck in the “department” module on the homepage. I would like to have 3 column displayed.

When I go to tab “Advanced” and change “alternative layout” to anything different than the standard “five-columns”, the module will not appear on the website.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

In this case, you can use default 5 columns layout and add these CSS declarations to root_foldertemplatesja_medicarecsscustom.css (just create a new one if you don’t have) :

.category-module.five-columns .category-module-item {
    width: 33.3%;
    border-top: none !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
    border-right: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
    }
    .category-module.five-columns .category-module-item:nth-child(3n+3) {
    border-right: none;
    }

Save your file and recheck.

bvk1987 Friend

There is no other solution other than making a custom.css file? Nothing that can be changed in the current files?

MoonSailor Friend

@bvk1987: Please try this tweak.
    First, still create a new file “custom.css” into folder “templates/ja_medicare/css” (if it does not exist) and add this css rule:

.category-module.five-columns .category-module-item{
    width : 33.33%;
    }

Then, open the file “templates/ja_medicare/html/mod_articles_category/five-columns.php”, find

<?php if($count > 5): echo "border-top"; endif; ?> <?php if($count % 5 != 0): echo "border-right"; endif; ?>

then change it to:

<?php if($count > 3): echo "border-top"; endif; ?> <?php if($count % 3 != 0): echo "border-right"; endif; ?>

GTR Webdesign Friend

Hello support team, can you please give me the code for four (4) columns?

bvk1987 Friend

Go to template.css line 2493 and change width to 25% instead of 20%. Save and refresh!

GTR Webdesign Friend

Thanks for your reply, @bvk1987 … but this only works for the big screen resolutions.
    When you look at it on a phone, it stil displays 4 rows (much to small), but this needs to change in 2 x 2 rows.

bvk1987 Friend

My website displays 2×2 with the fix I told you about. This is on a Sony Xperia Z though, I have no idea about other phones.

Your company website looks very professional btw!

GTR Webdesign Friend

Thanx for the compliment 🙂

When I go to the template.css line 2493 it doesn’t show 20%
    So I coded “.category-module.five-columns .category-module-item{width : 25%;}” into my custom.css … but this is also not working.

bvk1987 Friend

How about line 2481? Check for the information below:
    @media (min-width: 768px)
    .category-module.five-columns .category-module-item {
    border: none;
    width: 25%;
    min-height: 200px;
    padding-top: 50px;
    padding-bottom: 0;

GTR Webdesign Friend

Thanks for the reply @bvk1987,

I’ve already solved the problem by copying all the five-columns code into the custom.css and altering it to 25%.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GTR Webdesign 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum