Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I was recently making changes to my site to accommodate ie6 (grr) when I noticed a problem with active menu buttons.

I then checked the DEMO in ie6 and noticed the same problem. When hovered, the active tab-right-active.gif displays the tab-right.gif.

See attached for more info. I’m presuming this is an error since it looks incorrect to me…

1. demo_error
    kashxo Friend

I have found a fix for this bug. Please do as below:

1. In your ja-splitmenu.css, in folder ja_splitmenu, on line 74th, you will see:

#ja-splitmenu li.active a span {
    background: url(../images/tab-active-right.gif) no-repeat top right #E6E6E6;
    }

Change it to:

#ja-splitmenu li.active a span {
    background: url(../images/tab-active-right.gif) no-repeat top right #E6E6E6 !important;
    }

2. In the file: ja-scriptdlmenu.css in folder ja_scriptdlmenu, on line 69th, you will see:

#jasdl-mainnav li.active a span {
    background: url(../images/tab-active-right.gif) no-repeat top right #E6E6E6;
    }

Change it to:

#jasdl-mainnav li.active a span {
    background: url(../images/tab-active-right.gif) no-repeat top right #E6E6E6 !important;
    }

That’s it, you will notice that the bug in IE 6 has fixed.
    And don’t forget to PM me your result 🙂

guysmiley Friend

Thanks for the fix. We’ve verified it in IE6/7, FF2, Safari(Mac) and Opera.

If you wouldn’t mind explaining a bit, what does <blockquote>!important</blockquote> do?

kashxo Friend

You can understand like this:
    Normally in CSS whichever rule is specified last takes precedence. However if you use !important after a command then this CSS command will take precedence regardless of what appears after it.

guysmiley Friend

Thanks for the explanation, K.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  guysmiley 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum