Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

How do i get rid of the heading Demo Content….. there is neither a category, section module or anything named that. It aoppears on every page using the all categories mod.
    Thanks.

mfcphil Friend

Without seeng your site I would suggest you look at the menu titles if there is one called demo content try to change its name to see if that fixes the problem

mazhar Friend

Thanks for your reply. In fact its running locally. The problem still exists in your JA_Barite_1.5_Quickstart

I have now reloaded this 4 times. exactly the same problem. You have a main menu item called ‘DEMO CONTENT’ . This ‘DEMO CONTENT’ does NOT appear in ANY menu within my admin sections. Neither does it appear in the top navigation bar on the site.

On your demo your top navigation is Home-Typography-Navigation-Layout-Demo Content-AboutUs-Contact. On my installation the ‘Demo Content’ is not there. YET, on EVERY single page of the All Categories link it appears as a heading on the top of the home page. Additionally, there are NO breadcrumbs appearing at all.

Each time it has been a fresh install. I have now given up, and am going to install a fresh copy of joomla, and the template on its own.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Blaine Friend

For future reference, it is in the menu items under Page Display Options.
    Where it says Page Heading the Item in there is Demo Category,remove that language.
    Hope it helps!

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Mazhar,

I am not seeing the menu item on our MAIN MENU on the demo as you suggest: http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_barite/
    I do see “DEMO CONTENT” in the menu attached to the USER 3 position at the very bottom of the demo.

However, DEMO CONTENT is not a MODULE but a simple SECTION or CATEGORY – which can be created into a MENU ITEM! (In the demo it is a SECTION)
    We sometimes get so bogged down into the deep innards of Joomla we often forget the basics. :-[

Goto: CONTENT > SECTION MANAGER or CATEGORY MANAGER … in one of those you will find your illusive “Demo Content”.

Have fun!
    John.

TomC Moderator

You both do realize that the original posting was made over three-and-a-half years go, right?

😉

Blaine Friend

Yes, Tom, I do , but as a client searches, I can only imagine the frustration in finding the problem clicking on the thread and then having no solution to see. 😉

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@TomC 272448 wrote:</em><blockquote>You both do realize that the original posting was made over three-and-a-half years go, right?

;)</blockquote>

Gotta love the classics!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum