Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi there! I have one question… I have installed JA Zite template and I used quick start installer with demo content… there is lot of articles in demo sections… I deleted all of them but later after that I can see lot of articles again (300)… but I didn’t create them. How is it possible? Is it some kind of hacker attack? How can I stop it? Please help!

Thank you for any advice

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@honzas78 423323 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there! I have one question… I have installed JA Zite template and I used quick start installer with demo content… there is lot of articles in demo sections… I deleted all of them but later after that I can see lot of articles again (300)… but I didn’t create them. How is it possible? Is it some kind of hacker attack? How can I stop it? Please help!

Thank you for any advice</blockquote>
    When you delete the articles they are moved into trash items. please empty the trash for delete them permanently.
    hope it helps

honzas78 Friend

…I delete articles (move them to trash)… after that trash was emptied and for a while it was OK but later there was new articles again… I did it several times with same result 🙁

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@honzas78 423325 wrote:</em><blockquote>…I delete articles (move them to trash)… after that trash was emptied and for a while it was OK but later there was new articles again… I did it several times with same result :(</blockquote>

First of all i request you to take a backup of your site. and PM me the proper details of the articles that you want to delete permanently. After that i will performe the delete operations on your site

alexsmirnov Friend

Your administrator panel login page seems to be well hidden, so it’s a bit doubtful you’ve been hacked.

Feel free to PM me your Joomla backend access information and I’ll have a look around.

Also, you may want to contact your hosting and ask them if their servers registered anything suspicious over your account.

Regards,

Alex

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI @honzas78 please
    check the admin login path .
    when i tried to open your site admin page it will redirected me to home page of the site .
    please check it and PM me .
    thanks 🙂

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    i just checked your site .
    it seems the issue comes from the database .
    Most probably the issue comes from the quick start you installed .
    i forwarded your issue to the Dev Team for further investigation .
    We will back to you ASAP .
    Stay with us 🙂

honzas78 Friend

…thank you!

thexman Friend

Hi, I too have the same problem. I had installed from the Quick Install and then spent considerable time removing the hundreds of demo articles only to find new ones had been created several days later. This is very odd and exactely the same issue as the OP above. I thought a plugin might be creating articles automatically, but I couldn’t see anything amiss.

I’m not sure if these are new articles, or repeats (i.e. new news), but they all have the standard types or ID’s like Mashable, Viemo, Facebook and instagram as they alias.

Looking forward you your help. The articles are not visible on the website, only in the back end as they are not linked by any menu.

Cheers, Nick

thexman Friend

I had just cleaned out the articles and then I returned 2 hours later to find over 160 more had been created,all with aliases like this – facebook-rsdsd343423423hh23 and article titles like ‘Topless DJane Aurika-photo set in Cyprus€’, Joomlart, T3 Framework, etc

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Nick,

You seem to have been hacked.

————————————

Security Checklist/You have been hacked or defaced
    From Joomla! Documentation

You have been hacked/defaced ?

On Line Action List

• Take your website offline (We recommend the htaccess method)
    • Run the forum post assistant and security tool The simple Instructions are available here. More detailed instructions are included in the download package. You will need to unzip this package and upload the fpa-en.php file to your server Joomla root The FPA is also available in a tar.gz package for those who desire or need a unix style package. The fpa-en.php file from the package will need to be uploaded to your server Joomla root.
    • Scan all machines with FTP, Joomla super admin, and Joomla admin access for malware, virus, trojans, spyware, etc. (see Local Security below)
    • Ensure you have downloaded the latest version of Joomla for the series of Joomla used on the site. (see Incompatible Versions below)
    • Notify your host and work with them to clean up the site, and to make sure there are no back doors to your site.

——————————————–

To read “You have been hacked/defaced?” wiki in full please go to http://docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist/You_have_been_hacked_or_defaced

Regards

Alex

pavit Moderator

Hi @thexman

Please take a look HERE
    It is installed on your website , Unpublish the plugin from your backend.

thexman Friend

thanks I have now uninstalled that plugin. I don’t think I have been hacked as this answer above makes way more sense. Thanks, nick

spaceboy Friend

Hi I have this problem too.

I even set up an new installation with a new db and no demo content. Same result, articles generating itself.
    Can anyone give me a hint how to stop this?

spaceboy Friend

Hi I have this problem too.

I even set up an new installation with a new db and no demo content. Same result, articles generating itself.
    Can anyone give me a hint how to stop this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum