Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

The only thread that I found that mentions my questions is this one: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/defer-parsing-javascript/ but it hardly clears up or answers the question of deferring the parsing of javascript.

In working on pagespeed my site graded out as a D. Some of the top priorities were deferring parsing of javascript, combine images using css sprites, and remove unused css.

Would Joomlart have any hand in helping it’s customers with some advice on how to take on a task like this or is this a matter better served by asking the Joomla community.

A plugin that I’ve seen recommended was JCH Optimize, but it caused my site to not load. (I do understand that JCH Optimize is not a Joomlart extension)

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

JA Templates support css and js compress by default in the T3 Framework. You can check it in the screenshot

1. compress
    Kris Small Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 355508 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA Templates support css and js compress by default in the T3 Framework. You can check it in the screenshot

</blockquote>

I’ve had that setting enabled the entire time. Any reason Google wouldn’t acknowledge that?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>Any reason Google wouldn’t acknowledge that?</blockquote>
    I’m confused on this, could you explain more details on this? For better clarification, please include screenshot and your site URL here for further investigation.

jonasso Friend

@ksmall24,
    Did you get this solved with JoomlArt Templates?
    @ninja Lead,
    It would be great if JoomlArt combined images using CSS sprites, specially for page navigation images, round corner images, buttons,…
    Also, I’ll have to edit all images in order to get better compression rates.

I’m using mod_PageSpeed (Apache module) in my server and I cannot get a better rating than C in GTMetrics.com.

PageSpeed insights is telling me to Specify image dimensions, so it would be great if in JoomlArt template, plugins and modules the images had the width and height attibutes. This will give us a better rating. As far as I understand this way mod_pagespeed (Apache module) can optimize the image OR replace with the webp image type (which is smaller) in Chrome and Opera.

Best regards,

Ninja Lead Moderator

@jonasso: Thanks for sharing this info but this is option on JAT3 framework, we have published JAT3 framework to github and you can send request/wishlist here: https://github.com/t3framework/t3/issues We always welcome and appreciate your contributions.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum