Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

How can I changes the default search text on the JA Rasite template. I would like to display “Search Site” within the search box. I have edited the module and added “Search Site” as the default text. But it doesn’t show up on the site.

Saguaros Moderator

Hello gregbanig!

Here is the solution to resolve your issue:

1) pls open the file templates/ja_rasite/html/mod_search/default.php and try to find the following code:

[PHP]
    //$output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” maxlength=”20″ class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”‘.$text.'” onblur=”if(this.value==”) this.value=”.$text.”;” onfocus=”if(this.value==”.$text.”) this.value=”;” />’;

$output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”” />’;
    [/PHP]

replace:
    [PHP]
    $output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” maxlength=”20″ class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”‘.$text.'” onblur=”if(this.value==”) this.value=”.$text.”;” onfocus=”if(this.value==”.$text.”) this.value=”;” />’;

// $output = ‘<input name=”searchword” id=”mod_search_searchword” class=”inputbox’.$moduleclass_sfx.'” type=”text” size=”‘.$width.'” value=”” />’;
    [/PHP]

Goodluck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum