Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am sick of the various issues that yahoogroups is giving in administering our neighborhood watch, and am thinking that our new website based on Joomla & JATeline would be a good vehicle for this. But i’ll be damned if i can find a component that does true mailing lists that my hosting provider allows (mailman not allowed, plus it’s not integrated).

My site is designed to serve a rather large portion of the community, but we have multiple block-long neighborhood watch lists.

However, rather than a public opt-in, I’d like to force this to be a moderated concept where an owner can be assigned to administer this. In my ideal world, this is not a joomla admin but rather something else.

Anyone have any idea how to fill that tall order?

vivekb Friend

well after hours of googling, I see there are no none, and mailman is what is currently suggested with the CB plugin. Oy, that sucks, esp as siteground won’t install mailman unless I get the $90/month virtual private server option.

Michael Casha Friend

You can use phplist and bridge it with joomla using our phplist bridge.

vivekb Friend

I’ve tried phpList, and perhaps i’m using it wrong but a user cannot send an email and have it sent on the list, can they? It’s only for 1way newsletters from site admin->users, right?

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@vivekb 26618 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve tried phpList, and perhaps i’m using it wrong but a user cannot send an email and have it sent on the list, can they? It’s only for 1way newsletters from site admin->users, right?</blockquote>
    Ah sorry, misread your post!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum