Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I can’t seem to find how to deactivate the iphone layout/template. I want i phone users to be able to see and use the desktop layout. Does the new JAT3 not work with ja purtiy ii template manager? Either way, I try setting the layout off, but nothing seems to work. Also, I click the Desktop version link when I preview the page in safaris iphone user agent, and the layout doesn’t change then either.

1. japurityii_back
    darthlafollette Friend

No one has any idea how to do this? It seems like all I should have to do is delete/edit some code some where to stop purity from switching to iphone layout, or turn off iphone detection. I just need to know what and where.

Phill Moderator

In the iphone layout dropdown select “Use Default” instead of iphone and that should do it. Make sure you clear the Joomla cache and the JAT3 cache.

darthlafollette Friend

I did do that, as I explained and shown in the attached screenshot in my OP. That doesn’t work. There are only two options, none selected or use default, and neither works. I went into ja.template.helper and commented out coed referring to iphone and mobile devices. Seems to work for now, but the mega menu child items keep shifting off screen to the left. Any other answers?

himangi Friend

Hi,

Do you mean that you have solved the iphone issue now but in desktop layout your menu is shifting to the left? Can you please update you site admin details at http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/71581 so that we can take a look at the site?

darthlafollette Friend

<em>@himangi 238733 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Do you mean that you have solved the iphone issue now but in desktop layout your menu is shifting to the left? Can you please update you site admin details at http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/71581 so that we can take a look at the site?</blockquote>

no, I have got my regular template working on iphone by stopping the mobile detect from switching layouts. So my regualr desktop layout show on the iphone which is what I wanted. However, the sub menus of the Mega menu slide mostly off screen to the left.. But everything else works OK.

Phill Moderator

There is no easy way around that due to the small screen of the iPhone. The JS for the dropdowns detect the right side of the screen and do what they can to keep the menus on the page hence them moving off to the left.

darthlafollette Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 238769 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is no easy way around that due to the small screen of the iPhone. The JS for the dropdowns detect the right side of the screen and do what they can to keep the menus on the page hence them moving off to the left.</blockquote>

hmmm. any suggestions or guesses?

Phill Moderator

Hard for me to suggest anything really (especially as I do not have an iPhone to test with). The whole reason for having a specific iPhone layout is because there will always be issues with the standard desktop layout on such a small screen.

Alice Ching Friend

darthlafollette, can you please show us where you commented out the code from ja.template.helper.php?

Has this issue been solved yet. I still cant figure out how to make all handheld devices show the megamenu from the default template.

If anyone knows this, please help.

John Wesley Brett Moderator
    1. Open file templates/ja_purity/layouts/blocks/iphone/mainnav.php
    2. Comment this line

if (!($mobile = $this->mobile_device_detect())) return;

Tah Dah!
    Have fun!
    John.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum