Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ve Teline II & I want to display Author and Date / Time for each article on the front page, in JA Front Page and JA News modules
    Thanks

wiery Friend

You would do that with the article parameters, either indivdually or globally. If you only want this info for the articles on the frontpage you would more than likely have to do it in each article individually.

Benjamin Falcon Friend

<em>@basdim 137640 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve Teline II & I want to display Author and Date / Time for each article on the front page, in JA Front Page and JA News modules
    Thanks</blockquote>

This is something that I am very interested in. Being able to display the author and the date/time on the front page would be very nice.

Web visitors would know by looking at the intro text when the article was written instead of having to click and view the whole article.

wiery Friend

<em>@directcorrespondentlender 138535 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is something that I am very interested in. Being able to display the author and the date/time on the front page would be very nice.

Web visitors would know by looking at the intro text when the article was written instead of having to click and view the whole article.</blockquote>

Like I said above, you would do this with the article parameters. You can set the global parameters to show the Author Name, Created Date and Time, and Modified Date and Time. If editing the global setting still doesn’t show this then you would have to edit the article parameters in each individual article you want it to show in. 🙂

wiery Friend

Also sometimes the frontpage parameters under home on the main menu need to be adjusted to show this info on the frontpage. If they are still not showing you would probably need to edit this.

Benjamin Falcon Friend

Thank you for your response, but please let me show you exactly what I want to achieve on my front (home page).

1) In the first image where the JA Front Page Module is located, please notice that there is no Author Date and Time. I want JA Front Page to show the Author, Date and Time.

2) In the second image, I pasted a screen shot from my Section View (not the home page). Please notice how Section view does show the Author, the date, and the time.

There should be an option in JA Front Page and JA News that obeys our global settings to Show Author, date and time.

1. 1
    2. 2
    Benjamin Falcon Friend

Image #1 was shrunk by the system and cannot be read. I made it smaller and hope that the system does not shrink the image. Here is Image #1 again.

wiery, please note that I have always had the global parameters for author date and time. I think that this is something that has to be modified on JA Front Page and JA News modules.

1. 1a
    wiery Friend

You might want to put in a support ticket on this one.
    You are right. With this template it doesn’t matter where you have the parameters set. It still strips it because of the overrides in the html>com_content files. I dug through them a little but couldn’t figure out exactly where it was making it not show this info.

If you can’t find the info in another thread, your best bet is to contact support and ask for help. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Benjamin Falcon Friend

I joined Joomlart last year because I liked Teline II more than any other vendor’s template. This year, I renewed my membership because I wanted to update my template and see what new things were fixed or enhanced on the template.

Anyway, I hope that Joomlart does some more enhancements on Teline II or that they create a Teline III for those who want a few more features? Now wouldn’t that be really nice? 🙂

Heng CHeong Kum Friend

I also wish to know how to add it to the home page (time/date) as my client had been nagging me to solve this.

Anyway, I had rearrange it so temporary it looks cleaner.
    http://www.perakspeak.com

If anyone had any ideas, please inform me jeremy.kum at gmail.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Heng CHeong Kum 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum